WWW?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Klizan here!

Martin is a talented shotmaker with offensive skills. Grass isn't his best surface but he isn't facing a typical grass-courter. Nadal is a defensive grinder who constantly gets blown off the court on fresh and fast grass. I expect Martin to do the same.

Klizan in 3 to end this nonsense joke before it even starts.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Nadal in 3 easy sets.

Klizan is not that good on grass + Nadal will be angry after 2 years of humiliations.

Also, everyone wants Nadal-Rosol in R2, so..c'mon Rafa.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Rafa will come through. I don't believe it to be easy. But I will never give up hope. And of course I want a Nadal-Rosol rematch in Wimby.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Met once. Second Round of the French Open last year. Nadal won 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3. Klizan beat Nishikori at the French this year and lost in the 3rd round. Beat Isner at the AO and lost in the 3rd round there as well. Not an ideal draw for Rafa.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Met once. Second Round of the French Open last year. Nadal won 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3. Klizan beat Nishikori at the French this year and lost in the 3rd round. Beat Isner at the AO and lost in the 3rd round there as well. Not an ideal draw for Rafa.
I am a fan of Martin, but you have to go deeper when analyzing the facts. Martin was playing shitty in the AO, got in as a LL, Isner retired and he lost the third round to Robert of all people. I really hope Martin can pull an upset, but I do not think his game is suited for grass and Nadal, well, he is a former Wimby champion. Anything can happen in this match, really.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
I am a fan of Martin, but you have to go deeper when analyzing the facts. Martin was playing shitty in the AO, got in as a LL, Isner retired and he lost the third round to Robert of all people. I really hope Martin can pull an upset, but I do not think his game is suited for grass and Nadal, well, he is a former Wimby champion. Anything can happen in this match, really.
Yeah, I didn't really get to see him play in either slam so all I could judge him by was the results. I just remember him giving Nadal a headache at the French last year. Safe bet is Rafa in 4, but it is hard to have any confidence in Rafa on grass nowadays.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Rafa will win, only because Martin is bad on grass. He should take set from Rafa, 3-1 for Rafa is most likely outcome of this match. People here writing how tough match for Rafa, but actually i think he was lucky in his R1 opponent.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Rafa will win, only because Martin is bad on grass. He should take set from Rafa, 3-1 for Rafa is most likely outcome of this match. People here writing how tough match for Rafa, but actually i think he was lucky in his R1 opponent.
Mini Djokovic is no lucky draw :cool:

1 - 20 of 138 Posts