Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First meeting for both. Becker is better grass player with a still big serve at the right slam so he's the favorite. That said, I hope Donald Young wins his first Wimbledon match as he's been ATP consistent for the first time in his career winning 2 matches each in the first 2 slams.

His continued development would be if not "good for the game", good for American tennis.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Awful draw for The Don sadly. Becker is great on grass, Don is not. If this were on any other court, Don would win. But Becker in 4.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Awful draw for The Don sadly. Becker is great on grass, Don is not. If this were on any other court, Don would win. But Becker in 4.
agree with this, but I don't mind having Becker in R2 so I'm good with this.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
young in 5

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The Don to win on a retirement. Becker at his age won't like having to travel to London and play on Monday
DY in 5, possibly with a retirement, he can grind Becker down and at his age he will be tired like J Denson said above

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Normally I'd pick Becker to win this on grass. But as he's coming from a final in Netherlands, maybe he's a bit tired.

I'd say he still wins if it's a 3 setter or a short duration 4, but Young's chances increases as the match goes the distance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts