Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW ?

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of those rare matches where tennis is going to win either way.

Auger Aliassime is one of the most talented players of this generation. It would be a disaster for the game should he end his career without 4 or 5 Slams.

Pospisil, on the other hand, is a sad story. He's always been a very talented guy but for some reason, he's been unable to make the next step.

Auger Aliassime in easy 5.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Auger Aliassime in easy 5.
I've never been able to understand the concept of "easy 5" in best of 5, or "easy 3" in best of 3. If a match is easy, in my mind, the winner shouldn't need all the margin for error he's allowed, yet I see it all the time on this forum. Can anyone explain me? Does it take into account only the last set?

I think Auger-Aliassime will take it. Pospisil is good on grass and has made the quarterfinals four years ago, but it will unfortunately be the first match of his comeback after a significant surgery, while Auger-Aliassime couldn't ask for a better momentum going into this tournament. I'd be surprised if he needed 5 sets. However, if he did, then it could be dangerous as Auger-Aliassime only ever played a best of 5 once, at last year's US Open, and didn't even make it to the end of the third set. I'm sure he is physically ready for it, but it'd be the longest mental battle he would have ever had to face. I think he'd be ready for that sort of battle too, as I like how he never gives up even a break down in the final set and even match point(s) against him lately, but it would be new territory nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I've never been able to understand the concept of "easy 5" in best of 5, or "easy 3" in best of 3. If a match is easy, in my mind, the winner shouldn't need all the margin for error he's allowed, yet I see it all the time on this forum. Can anyone explain me? Does it take into account only the last set?
See it as a forum inside joke :lol:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Pospisil's first match in 8 months and he has to face FAA.

It's really a shame about his injuries because I remember his QF run a while back and all of Canada was behind him.

FAA should win this in an easy three sets with probably one break in each.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Pospisil's back problems have been unfortunate. It's wonderful he can still play, but he'll be no match for a healthy 18 year old, unless Felix's nerves get the better of him. Doubtful though. I think he could lose to Hurkacz.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Given Pospisil has been out for 8 months, I would expect FAA to win this comfortably. His serve alone should see him through

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Pospisil's back problems have been unfortunate. It's wonderful he can still play, but he'll be no match for a healthy 18 year old, unless Felix's nerves get the better of him. Doubtful though. I think he could lose to Hurkacz.
What does Hurkacz have to do will anything? They can't even meet until the 4th round and I would expect to see Novak there, not Hurkacz. :confused:

Dimitrov looked okay at Boodles although the serve was a bit weak. If he's fully fit, he is will be FAA's biggest test in the early rounds.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Pospisil is 10/1 on Betfair. I don’t think he’ll win, but surely that’s quite generous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts