Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW Wimbledon R1: (13) Tsonga - Muller?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that's a gruelling draw :lol:

No idea how fit Tsonga is. though. He withdrew from every grass warm-up.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nightmare draw for Jo but if he is fit, hopefully he gets to R4 but given his poorish record vs Big servers that's a doubt!

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
More scared of potential Tsonga vs Karlovic. :scared: With his abysmal return of serve, Karlovic might break all ace records in this match alone.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
More scared of potential Tsonga vs Karlovic. :scared: With his abysmal return of serve, Karlovic might break all ace records in this match alone.
Muller is serving almost as well as Karlovic right now.

Scared for Jo in this one. Still think Muller will be unable to maintain his peak serve level over BO5. Jo takes this in 4 I think.

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Nightmare draw for Tsonga. Coming from injury and he'll play a big server lefty in fresh grass. Can't see him winning this, unless he's fully recovered.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Tsonga's draw is unbelievable :eek: This is probably the best 1st round match

·
Registered
21,785 Posts
Tsonga's draw is unbelievable :eek: This is probably the best 1st round match
I agree that this match could be pretty entertaining, but I don't think it's the best R1 match.

Djokovic/Kohli will probably provide a better quality match imo, this one could be a bit of a servefest, since both are big servers. This one looks more competitive on paper though.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I knew that Muller was going to get a seed in the first round...

He's done this many times before and won these big matches. Muller in 4.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Disgraceful that these two have to meet so early.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
I knew that Muller was going to get a seed in the first round...

He's done this many times before and won these big matches. Muller in 4.
And I'll never forget that USO 2008 :p It was a great match though.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Muller has this

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
And I'll never forget that USO 2008 :p It was a great match though.
That was huge for me! The US Open in 2008. In the second and third round against Haas and then Almagro....Muller rallied from two sets down both matches to win. It was incredible. In the fourth round, he took out Davydenko in a 4th set tiebreaker. Then he got to play Federer on Ashe stadium and put up a very good fight!

Reactions: Lugburz

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,337 Posts
Tsonga still recovering from injury and he gets Muller from the get go. He won't have any single match where he can sleepwalk through either. Then he gets Murray, the worst option he could get in R16. If he could pull such heroic then, finally, he gets a freebie in the quarters.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
That was huge for me! The US Open in 2008. In the second and third round against Haas and then Almagro....Muller rallied from two sets down both matches to win. It was incredible. In the fourth round, he took out Davydenko in a 4th set tiebreaker. Then he got to play Federer on Ashe stadium and put up a very good fight!
It was a great USO for Muller. I was just mad Haas after beating epically Gasquet in the 1st round blew away 2 sets lead. At that point I had every reason to dislike Muller but oddly enough that was the time I started paying attention to him as I like his game now very much. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts