• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will win?

IMO the fact that Juan Martin Del Potro played 60 minutes today means he will be too exhausted for tomorrow's clash with Rafa Nadal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Contrary to what EVERY Nadal fan will be posting and expecting and pundits will be saying I do not think one set of tennis today will not be a huge disadvantage. Del Potro in 4.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Interesting match. Let's see if Delpo can keep things interesting with a blazing serve throughout the whole match. Still going with Nadal in four.

OP why no set options in poll?

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Delpo played only 70 minutes today, it is like practise session, some even last longer. Won't effect him, his fitness is underrated.

Someone in 5

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting match. Let's see if Delpo can keep things interesting with a blazing serve throughout the whole match. Still going with Nadal in four.

OP why no set options in poll?
I forgot. Will do next time. But I got a feeling most would predict Rafa Nadal in 4.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Based on what I've seen yesterday and today, Nadal should take this in three sets.

Del Potros style of play is not suited for grass. No real variety, just power. To beat Nadal, you exactly need that variation Del Potro lacks.

Nadal will return from the stands, and will watch Del Potro self destruct.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Who will win?

IMO the fact that Juan Martin Del Potro played 60 minutes today means he will be too exhausted for tomorrow's clash with Rafa Nadal.
Exhausted after one hour of tennis? Is this a joke? You realise these guys practice for that long in their off days...

Law of averages says DelPo will win one of these eventually, he’s good enough and matches up well enough. I really want to see this Rafole semi though!

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exhausted after one hour of tennis? Is this a joke? You realise these guys practice for that long in their off days...

Law of averages says DelPo will win one of these eventually, he’s good enough and matches up well enough. I really want to see this Rafole semi though!
Chill guys, I thought the sarcasm was obvious in the OP, knowing Juan Martin Del Potro and his history of fatigue...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Based on what I saw Del Potro look poor on grass this year. Lousy movement, errors, no pace. The serve is good at times, and the FH, of course but Rafa has the means to take full advantage of Delpo's many weaknesses.

·
Registered
445 Posts

It's more about mental exhaustion because practice sessions are not this mentally exhausting.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hopefully this match is the last one scheduled tomorrow, to give some kind of even playing field for the players after Del Potro's gruelling two-day match against Simon.

Nadal's looking good - I expect another three set win for him given the context.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Rafa in 5 <3 We need Rafa in the final. <3
It will be an exhausting battle, but in the end RAFA will prevail. He will be ready for another 5-set battle in the semis as well.

Vamos RAFA <3

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Not knowing who his opponent is, Nadal missed a whole precious morning to practice accordingly.

Plus he has to cook for his clan just to be spared a few hours to watch football this afternoon. He is doomed.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts