Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
WWW ? Wimbledon QF: [4] Federer vs [5] Wawrinka

Federer is obviously the favourite on grass but Stan is suprisingly solid this years Wimbledon.

Federer in 4

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Re: WWW Wimbledon QF: [3] Wawrinka vs [4] federer

I have a bad feeling about this from a Federer fan's point of view. Wawrinka to take it in a close 4 or 5 sets.

·
23,064 Posts

Stan still seems sub-par at defending but serving well. First defense of his Top 10 streak, and I hope he at least gets a Set. At last Stan probably plays on CC now.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Re: WWW Wimbledon QF: [3] Wawrinka vs [4] Federer

Federer in 4 sets imo.

Stan is looking real good but I'd give edge to Fed since he moves better on grass and he's been serving well throughout all his matches; that's going to give hiccups on Stan's return which is his main weakness.

But still if Fed is having an off day and Stan redlines his game, he can easily lose this.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

:scared:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

I haven't seen Wawrinka play in this tournament yet. Has he been playing well? I am assuming that he has since he is in the QF, but is it enough to trouble Federer?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Fed in 3 or 4 if he plays as well as he has been.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Stanimal to appear after the first set and take it in four. 1-6 7-6 6-4 6-4

·
Registered
20,715 Posts

I would rather prefer Lopez. This Wawrinka match would be an exit in Fed's style, the guy appears from nowhere , flukes against Fed and never again repeats something similar . Ffs Wawrinka even started to win breakers and straight setting in Wimbledon. Always out of my comfort zone when such things start to happen

·
23,064 Posts

I would rather prefer Lopez. This Wawrinka match would be an exit in Fed's style, the guy appears from nowhere , flukes against Fed and never again repeats something similar . Ffs Wawrinka even started to win breakers and straight setting in Wimbledon. Always out of my comfort zone when such things start to happen
He's a Slam winner now -- for some reason, some players choke against them more... I have to applaud Stan's guts, because after the RG debacle you don't know what would happen to him. Now he's in the QF of his worst Slam and has a chance to get to the SF.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Federer in 3.

I think this will end up being like their QF at AO 2011 where Stan was in great form but quickly got frustrated by Federer's slices and angles. This isn't clay, so Stan doesn't have tons of time to adjust and start cranking his backhand.

If Federer serves well, he should pull through without a whimper. I'm taking the elder Swiss, 6-4, 6-3, 6-2

·
Administrator
6,073 Posts

the guy appears from nowhere , flukes against Fed and never again repeats something similar . Ffs Wawrinka even started to win breakers and straight setting in Wimbledon.
Yeah it would be just like Federer to lose to some random player who came out of nowhere and whose biggest title is, like, some tournament in New Zealand or something.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts

Yeah it would be just like Federer to lose to some random player who came out of nowhere and whose biggest title is, like, some tournament in New Zealand or something.
some challenger level players are more dangerous on grass than non fluking Wawrinka is

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

Will be tough but I'm looking forward to it, Fed in 4. 6-3 6-7 6-4 6-2

1 - 20 of 90 Posts