Registered
19,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another titan in Rogie's way. Will his bad luck ever gonna end? :(

Federer to overcome the odds and win in 5

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Cannot wait for the Kanderson-Federer final.

For real though, this might actually be the first real test, Berdych is a joke but Simon will at least get a lot balls back in play.

Federer in 4.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
So Berdych was much tougher opponent I guess? With Simon humiliating him in comfortable 3 sets? That's bs, Simon in his form will trouble Fed much more, he can make a 5 setter from it, but I doubt it. Fed in 4.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Their only 2 meetings at grand slams have both gone to 5 sets, and federer is overdue his shitty game in a tournament, so who knows :confused:

gonna go for fed in 4

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Simon is an unbelievably tough matchup for Fed. In nearly all matches he has lost a set or gone to a tiebreak. It'll be tough.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Another titan in Rogie's way. Will his bad luck ever gonna end? :(

Federer to overcome the odds and win in 5
Simon almost always pushes Federer and can make him very uncomfortable. He needed 2 tiebreaks to beat Simon in Shanghai after he destroyed N0le 6-4 6-4.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
We'll see. Interesting slam QF matchup. Hope he's got a bit more in the tank.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Their only 2 meetings at grand slams have both gone to 5 sets, and federer is overdue his shitty game in a tournament, so who knows :confused:

gonna go for fed in 4
Simons job is to soften Grandad up for LOBRAY. Nothing more.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Fed in 4.

3,728 Posts
simon is one of the worst matchups for federer

if you like sneaky bets this is where i would place it

if you get good odds, you could make a pretty penny on simon

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Here comes first real challenge for Roger. Have a feeling that Gilles would take it.
Roger needs to protect his own service games carefully. Gilles serves so well so far I don't think he could put pressure on return games like previous meetings. And he should hit pace with variety otherwise Gilles could counter punch him to death.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Administrator
6,249 Posts
Simon has been playing well, and he managed to get past Berdych in 3 easy sets so should be fresh enough for this match.

Federer has been basically untroubled so far, but he has had an incredibly easy draw to the QF and he is prone to looking great dispatching mugs in early rounds then flopping hard as soon as he reaches his first dangerous opponent. On paper this one will be much tougher, and if Simon plays near his best level Federer should certainly have a tougher time than his early matches, but I think he will get through in 4 sets.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts