Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple really, WWW Wimbledon if it played like Halle did last week, how true grass is supposed to play like? Would make things a lot more interesting IMO and would definitely increase the chances of a new slam champion by 10x

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
No need to think about, this is a no brainer.

We all know who is going to win the most important tournament in Tennis if it is true grass.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I dont think Halle is "true" grass. Grasscourt actually was not invented for indoor conditions . I think Newport is closer to " "old grass ". Superfast, wears easily, lot of bad bounces. And because of that you can see lot of S&V game in Newport. Too bad it is only MM tourney...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
The only true grass in located in Goatport, not in Halle

:cool:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
This one of those games where you ask a question and wait for someone to say Federer?

I agree with the Andujar sentiment above.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I dont think Halle is "true" grass. Grasscourt actually was not invented for indoor conditions . I think Newport is closer to " "old grass ". Superfast, wears easily, lot of bad bounces. And because of that you can see lot of S&V game in Newport. Too bad it is only MM tourney...
Halle is for the most part outdoor and very typical of the grasscourts we have here in the UK. Not really much different from what you describe of Newport - softer sown surface/less compaction leading to quicker wear/uneven bounce and a low superfast bounce. Slick.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Venus Williams.
Serena Williams.
Petra Kvitova.

Oh wait...wrong forum.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Halle has the only true grass now? I remember that tournament was mostly ignored until Federer started playing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts