Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW(Who was worse?)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets settle this once and for all. To winner go the spoils.

Take your pick.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Murray didn't really seem to know how to play. Wawrinka just wasn't concentrating. His mind wasn't in it. I'll go with him.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Probably Waw, but both were atrocious. I'm convinced Murray was perfectly happy to lose and get back for DC. I'd hope for Stan's sake that his heart wasn't really in it either, though I can't imagine why. Defending 1,000 points and all...!

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Murray hit more than 3 times the amount of winners that Wawrinka did today....therefore Wawrinka 'wins'

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Murray managed to win one more game and actually hit a few winners. Wawrinka was just shocking.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Andy's was the worst match he's ever played by miles. Even the losses to Bogomolov and Young years ago were nowhere near as atrocious. That said, he did get far more winners than Wawrinka did and Coric actually played a part in the loss...whereas Dimitrov didn't do much of anything really.

Wawrinka gets my vote, though both matches are two of the worst any player has ever played for a long, long time.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd go with Stan, he was the defending champ and although he played a better opponent... it just doesn't matter who you play if you miss every shot :lol:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
I'll go with Murray. Probably I should say peak Zombieray. Guy with variety can't just present such a performance.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll go with Murray. Probably I should say peak Zombieray. Guy with variety can't just present such a performance.
Good point. Murray is probably the last person alongside Rafito and Djokovic to expect so many UEs from.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
68,484 Posts
murray´s

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You can't compare stats of those 2 matches because Dubai's stats were messed up, Murray didn't hit 55UE, it was counting everything as a UE.

Its Wawrinka, because literally anyone standing on the other side would've won today.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Murray was worse. Dimitrov > Coric. Dimitrov playing well on Monte Carlo and his strokes are faster and heavier that Coric's. Wawrinka match was bad, but Murray simply looked like he forgot how to tennis. Not even a contest

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Dubai had some weird stats though...

Plus Wawa was the defending champ...

Although Murphy's pushing gamestyle should never result in errors and Wawa's style should...

But I'll still go with Wawa.

Should really include the Murphy-Vesely match though.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Murray was worse. Dimitrov > Coric. Dimitrov playing well on Monte Carlo and his strokes are faster and heavier that Coric's. Wawrinka match was bad, but Murray simply looked like he forgot how to tennis. Not even a contest
:spit:

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
What's untrue about that? Right now is the truth. Being a hardcore fan of a player (as it looks like you are about Coric) doesn't make him the best player in the world.
Maybe and probably that will change someday, but right now Dimitrov is a better player than Coric which is perfectly normal considering both men age and phase in their career.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts