Registered
67,452 Posts
hopefully nishikori

cant wait to see bernie destroying divatrov in r3

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't think neither Dimitrov (that doesn't mean he'll lose to the likes of Tomic, let alone "get destroyed" :lol:) nor Berdych will be at the top form yet at this tournament. Probably just a warm up for the masters for those top guys.

Same can be said for Nishikori, who was actually a bit injury (as usual) the last time I heard of him. :lol:

I think Raonic will win this. Big servers usually get to good form faster than the other players. :shrug:

Ah, I'm hoping for more streamed matches this year. Last year was a joke until the QF's. Dimitrov vs. Querrey (when he was the 2nd ranked american) wasn't streamed.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Very good field. this should be fun. I'm looking forward to this tournament, plus it's in North America so I can actually watch most matches. Cheering for Kei, Dimi and Milos ...

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Raonic, Isner, Ivo in the same quarter, fantastic stuff hahaha.
I think Kei and Berdych should make semis comfortably (milder draw for them, imo) but the lower one has more uncertainty, more interesting.
I'll go with... Berdych (!) def. Isner in the final (won't mind being wrong heh)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Berdych-Nishikori and Dimug-Raonic seem so NID, that im sure both wont happen, giving my vote for the samurai, if he is injured BirdGoat

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Nishikori has a fantastic draw
Not really, he struggled a lot vs Querrey in the past and was clueless vs Gasquet basically every time they met. Two matchups he'd definitely like to avoid although the players in question haven't been any good this year.

·
23,063 Posts
This is it -- the tournament where the 3 "Young Guns" Dimitrov, Raonic and Nishikori are three of the Top Seeds with the Top 10 regular Berdych as the #1 Seed. Let us see if a "mini-rivalry" in this tournament could be made by these three, or they would falter to even reach the Semis. I agree Berdych's draw is very light with 3 Qualifiers and not in great form Pospisil. Have to say while the top are very top some in the bottom are lesser compared to say Hamburg's middle tier was IMO.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Not really, he struggled a lot vs Querrey in the past and was clueless vs Gasquet basically every time they met. Two matchups he'd definitely like to avoid although the players in question haven't been any good this year.
Yes but Gasquet is not playing well and Querrey is well Querrey still a good enough draw and if he is fit he should take the title IMO

1 - 20 of 40 Posts