• Pierre in 3

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
david won their only encounter easily but he has been pretty average to bad all year. what do we think will happen here? . will david snap his 3 match losing streak and pick up a win or will herbert get the win and continue david's streak of bad losses

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
I expect Goffin but I never know with him. He has seemed to struggle with consistency even against 'run of the mill' players. His ROS was very helpful in their Rotterdam? match, will need it again here.

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expect Goffin but I never know with him. He has seemed to struggle with consistency even against 'run of the mill' players. His ROS was very helpful in their Rotterdam? match, will need it again here.
yeah, it was rotterdam. that's the thing though. his ROS has been a joke for a long time. i mean..he barely won points on ebden's serve or cecchinato's. i'm not sure what's going on but his return has not been very good this year at any point.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
yeah, it was rotterdam. that's the thing though. his ROS has been a joke for a long time. i mean..he barely won points on ebden's serve or cecchinato's. i'm not sure what's going on but his return has not been very good this year at any point.
His ROS came and went in that Cecchinato match from what I saw, but it was the ground where he truly was somewhat out of sorts and lost quite a bit of focus. Cecchinato's serve is actually surreptitiously well placed and with decent weight of shot, Djokovic had trouble too handling it so I wouldn't beat Goffin up over that match. Ebden one did surprise me yes. Even as well as Ebden played, I didn't see such a straightforward loss. My hunch is Goffin does often struggle with players who have variety in their game, though this year he has been particularly patchy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts