• de Minaur in 3

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Youngest 500 final in ages, must be a new feeling for Zverev to be the seasoned veteran in comparison :p Their DC match was quite entertaining with de Minaur fired up by the Aussie crowd and giving his all, Zverev had to dig deep in the 5th set TB to win. Zverev was still struggling for form in February, but now he’s in form and playing one of his best tournaments, while de Minaur has played the best tennis I’ve seen him play this week. Hopefully, their match here at D.C. will be even higher quality.

This matchup could be trickier for Zverev than Tsitsipas, as de Minaur frustrates you with relentless defense and counterpunching. In theory, Zverev can overpower him, but often he loses his patience against these retrievers when he has to generate his own pace. This is a good test for Zverev to see if he’s improved in dealing with this matchup, my guess is that he’ll win a tight two-setter.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
sorry but de minaur have no chance,he is very young tho ,his time will come
There is always a chance, I agree with raysun that this match could turn into a tough battle, given that Alex De Minaur holds his nerves and does not get too impressed for playing a big final. Alexander Zverev has looked very solid this week though, but he will need to dictate points, and his opponent likes to counter-punch.
AZ in 3.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
De Minaur with his relentlessness and very good RoS is exactly the kind of a matchup that frustrates Zverev and exposes his relative lack of maturity. He likes his opponents to roll over and die - something that's not going to happen. However, De Minaur is pretty underpowered and on this court, which favors hard hitting, should not be posing too much of a threat.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
De Minaur with his relentlessness and very good RoS is exactly the kind of a matchup that frustrates Zverev and exposes his relative lack of maturity. He likes his opponents to roll over and die - something that's not going to happen. However, De Minaur is pretty underpowered and on this court, which favors hard hitting, should not be posing too much of a threat.
his forward confidence against Rublev was quite striking. Not only can he retrieve but he will come at you through the net. So you can never be completely sure of yourself. Will be harder to counteract the serve, that said I think he will be able to at very least annoy Zverev.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
62 62 incoming

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
62 62 incoming
Almost happened...deuce 4-2 in 2nd. Alex was never doing anything today, prob regardless of anything. But after length and emotions last night, for sure wasnt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts