Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be played later on. Interesting match, as Gasquet lost to Pospisil last time in last year's Pospisil breakthrough post-Canada 6-3 6-4 in Shanghai. Gasquet seems to be recovering well since Eastbourne I think but I think he is still rusty. Pospisil seems to be in-form but the question of consistency is still there.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
title could be "WWW Washington SF/Toronto R1: Pospisil v. Gasquet :lol:

But I guess we can have another thread for the rematch :)

Gasquet dispatched Kei nicely, and while I didn't see that match I assume Gasquet is playing well. Vasek will need to keep the level he has, the match is very important.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Pospisil can most certainly beat Gasquet here, but I would guess the pressure of getting to his first final will be too much for him in this one. Gasquet is also in pretty good form if his previous matches were any indication (although Vasek has significantly more power than Sela, Smyczek, and Nishikori with which to hit him with). I'd go Gasquet in 3.

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pospisil can most certainly beat Gasquet here, but I would guess the pressure of getting to his first final will be too much for him in this one. Gasquet is also in pretty good form if his previous matches were any indication (although Vasek has significantly more power than Sela, Smyczek, and Nishikori with which to hit him with). I'd go Gasquet in 3.
He did have a semifinal in Canada last year so maybe there is a chance he would be more prepared this time. If Pospisil just serves well and holds his nerve, maybe he could do like what Lopez did against Gasquet in Eastbourne by keeping the pressure everytime with his serve. Maybe net tactics (which Pospisil is able to do) might not be as effective as it could be than grass but it could be worth a try from time to time. I guess Pospisil in 3.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Hopefully Pospisil and then take the title
I'd rather him lose to Gasquet here and win in Toronto has a shitload of points to defend

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm rooting for Vasek but I think he will beat himself. UEs may be his undoing. Gasquet performs a vasektomy in 2 :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts