• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything is Pospisil

Believe in the Sleeve

Raonic leads the ATP level H2H with the Montreal SF win last year, but early in their careers Vasek was 3-1 in futures/challengers so 3-2 for Vasek overall

rooting for Vasek because he needs the points more to stay where he is, but I'll be more than happy with a Milos win too as he needs the points for possible WTF appearance

·
Registered
648 Posts
Pospisil to save tennis in 3.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Canada conquers US!!! BEST!!!!!

Milos will win, only because Pospisil will run out of energy. Vasek has a chance if he takes it in 2, but with Milos serve I'm betting he at least takes 1 of the first 2 sets and probably gets one fatigue break of serve from Pospisil.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
It's like Good Cop, Bad Cop, but with Canadians.

Come on Vasek, win one for the good guys :cheerleader:

·
28,474 Posts
Milos is 1-0 on the ATP tour, 1-0 on the challenger tour, but 0-3 on the futures tour. Should be a great match and I will be happy no matter who wins.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Raonic has been cruising all tournament against weaker opposition while Pospisil had to take out Berdych and Gasquet. He produced a huge effort today and will probably feel it tomorrow. Pospisil will make some great returns but ultimately Raonic should be too solid and could get breaks whenever Pospisil has his usual mental lapses. I say 2-0 Raonic unless Pospisil can win a tb.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
ANYTHING IS POSPISIL

·
6,253 Posts
Great day and great times for Canadian tennis!
And with the Americans also doing well, a good boost for the tournament and the North American hard court swing.
Expect Milos to win this one though, will be hardened and hungered by his Semi loss at Wimbledon to Fed.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Hopefully Pospisil wins it but unfortunately it won't happena and tennis will lose. Again

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
It's just awesome to see these two in a ATP final. I expect Milos to handle the pressure of it better than Vasek and that will prove to be the difference tomorrow. It won't be an easy match at all for either one, though. Definitely think it's going three.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I'll be there. Not exactly the matchup I expected but I guess I'll take it. Botnic in 2.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
The Sleeve Society is very pleased.

That being said, Milosleeve in straights.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I am rooting for Pospisil but I am happy it is an all Canadian final. I hope the final isn't early Pospisil played TWO matches today. This is a huge opportunity for both guys!

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If Nadal doesn't play the US Open it's conceivable that Raonic could get the 4 seed. Win tomorrow he'd be just 300 behind Ferrer, and 275 behind Berdych for the provisional post cincinnati #5 ranking. drew Berdych in Toronto, if he's lucky enough to do that again in Cincy and beats him both times to make SF, and Ferrer doesn't make SF then Raonic would get the 5 rank and US Open 4 seed if Rafa doesn't play.

Yes that's a lot but whatever it's not impossible.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts