Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Tsonga in 5

Votes: 3 7.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tsonga best perfomance in US Open was R16 in 2009 losing against Gonzalez in 4 sets. Verdasco did QF in 2009 (def. by Djokovic) and 2010 (def. by Nadal). H2H is 1-0 for Verdasco

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Fernando has been in terrible form most of the year (that lost to Nadal in Cincy was :help:) while Jo has been playing very well in the fall HCs, so really I see Jo winning this, but if Fernando can somehow regain his 09AO form (unlikely) then he could take this in four or five.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I think this might be a good one. It could go either way in my view. I will pick Tsonga just because he has been on better form but this is going to be tricky.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Come on Nando, save the year in here!

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Hope: Nando

Expect: Clownga :(

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Really looking forward to this match, should be a good one with huge power hitting from both players. :)

I'm thinking Tsonga in 4.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I wish sometime next year we can get a Nando/Olderer matchup. Would love to see some classical forehand exchanges. Too bad it probably won't happen.

Anyways, I think based on forms, Tsonga will take this in 3-4.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
I wish sometime next year we can get a Nando/Olderer matchup. Would love to see some classical forehand exchanges. Too bad it probably won't happen.

Anyways, I think based on forms, Tsonga will take this in 3-4.
It would end with Fed kicking his ass most likely in straights. In 09 they played at the year end championships where Federer was the worst he's been at in years and he still beat Nando. Federer eats brainless bashers like Nando for breakfast lunch and dinner. No contest.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Nando can win here if he plays like he did against Ilhan, and he always lifts for Grand Slams, but Tsonga's in much better form.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
It would end with Fed kicking his ass most likely in straights. In 09 they played at the year end championships where Federer was the worst he's been at in years and he still beat Nando. Federer eats brainless bashers like Nando for breakfast lunch and dinner. No contest.
Roger probably would've lost that match if Fernando had not done this:

He completely mentally collapsed after that.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Yeah, I think Tsonga in a thrilling four-setter. :)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Tsonga in 4 is pretty obvious in poll and also i think so. Verdasco isn´t playing bad lately, his form is pretty good so he won´t be beaten in straigh sets, but Tsonga´s form is even better, and his serve and confidence are also another level comparing to Verdasco. So Tsonga in 4 is safety bet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts