WWW?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arthur Ashe Stadium

Men's Singles - 3rd Round
Novak Djokovic(SRB)[1] vs. Nikolay Davydenko(RUS)

--

No thread?

I know Novak is the clear favorite, but Denko should not be under-estimated.

Also, Nole is now the target and everyone will be bringing their best and will be trying to upstage him.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
i had thid dream last night that davydenko stunned everyone and pulled off the upset in 4..score was 7-6, 7-5, 6-7, 6-3

however i know novak will breeze though in 3, and quite possibly hand out a bread stick or 2, its not going to pretty and im going to really hate seeing what he does to davy

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had thid dream last night that davydenko stunned everyone and pulled off the upset in 4..score was 7-6, 7-5, 6-7, 6-3

however i know novak will breeze though in 3, and quite possibly hand out a bread stick or 2, its not going to pretty and im going to really hate seeing what he does to davy
I just wish we get a great match.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
before anyone might ask no i did not dream out a whole match..the dream was that i woke up, got on the computer and saw that score..it happens to me sometimes and its weird

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
denko better not show up at all......he is going to be humiliated......

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I fear for Davy in this match because Nole is at a level where he will have the answers to any weapon he possesses. I'll go with Nole in 3, with two of the sets going to the wire.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
before anyone might ask no i did not dream out a whole match..the dream was that i woke up, got on the computer and saw that score..it happens to me sometimes and its weird
lol I've played out full-length matches in my dreams. From what I saw from Nikolay in person against Potito, he will give novak a lot of trouble in the first set, but then his form will start to go down and djokovic will end up winning comfortably.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Haha, sounds like Final Destination. How often do your dreams come true and is there anywhere we should avoid travelling to this weekend? :D

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Picking Djokovic comfortably in 3 sets.

Cannot see it being close like Matt Cronin (surname probably should be cretin):

1- NOVAK DJOKOVIC VS. NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

I would like to think that this match will be a must see, like it was two years ago when the Russian was a top 5 player and Djokovic was a bit up and down. Davydenko was 28-years-old then, had quick feet and owned deceptively smooth and powerful groundstrokes. In 2009, they split two long three setters, but Djokovic is a far better player than he was then and Davydenko has slipped. Not only is Davydenko aging, but he played so many matches in his career (693 on tour in singles alone) that his body is wearing down.

But that does not mean that on one night, Davydenko cannot hurt the zoned-in Djokovic. He may not be able to run with him, doesn't serve nearly as strong and is lacking a little of the Serbian's groundstroke power, but when he's into matches does everything nearly as well. For whatever reason, I think that the Russian is going to stand up very tall on the day. I don't think he's going to upset the steely Serbian, but I do think that Davydenko is going to draw him into plenty of long rallies and extend him to five. Djokovic smiled wide in his devastation of Carlos Berlocq in the last round, but he won't here until the very last ball. Djokovic will win in a torturous five-set victory.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2011-09-02/201109031315009471333.html?promo=home

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Nikolay Davydenko
totally diff. guy

so Nole in 3 6-2 6-1 6-0

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Nole in 3 sets, with first one could be close if Davydenko will be playing good, but how the match will go Djokovic will be having the edge even more and more, so something like 6:4, 6:3, 6:1 maybe.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Nole is considerably less crappy (what an understatement!) than at their last meeting, and this time he won't be fucking around as he was in the first set in Montreal. Clear and easy straights, bagel/breadstick alert highly probable.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Haha, sounds like Final Destination. How often do your dreams come true and is there anywhere we should avoid travelling to this weekend? :D
lol, nowhere that i've seen yet but if i have a dream like that i assure you i'll give everyone the heads up

usually when i see scores in my dreams(and it happens for curling too)the match ends out the opposite way then it did in my dream, very rarely does the team or player that won in my dream actually end up winning in real life. And if they do then the score is in no way similar to what it was in my dream...i think what it is is that somehow my desire for who i want to see win affects my dreams

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I expect a pretty straight forward three set win for Djokovic anything else would be a pretty big surprise.

:lol:That happens to me sometimes as well.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
if denko was on top of his form then this would have been a very interesting match and could seenit going to 5 sets with Nole prevailing however as it is Denso is not at the top of his game. Noel in 3 with possible a first tight set something like 7-5, 6-2, 6-3

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Niland got one game, Berlocq got 2 games, so Davydenko will get 3 games. And so on.

Nole 6-2, 6-1, 6-0

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Two years ago this would've been an epic match. Now Davy no longer has it in him. Routine win for Djokovic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts