:confused:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H2H 2-1 Federer but all matches have been pretty fucking close. Suffice to say, they've played 9 sets in total, 8 of them tiebreaks.

2018 Stuttgart Roger Federer 67(2) 62 76(5)
2017 Miami Roger Federer 76(9) 67(9) 76(5)
2015 Madrid Nick Kyrgios 67(2) 76(5) 76(12)

I think this is a good chance for Kyrgios to level the H2H v. the old man.

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
This should be a real test for Federer. Unfortunately, it's also one he could fail in a spectacular fashion. Or even worse, in an unspectacular fashion.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Nick usually brings his best efforts against the Big 3, so I think we'll see a good match. Probably not much effort either way on ROS, but the TBs will be entertaining.

I give Roger the edge, because Nick seems to always break himself on DFs.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
I think this match is make or break for Fed's season. Golden opportunity right here to turn his season around and make him a strong contender for USO. No pep talk will be required for Nick cause he'll be super motivated as he usually is against the top players.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Despite the hype, this is probably going to be a routine one for Federer. Kyrgios is a clown and he will likely play erratically as he always does. Federer in 3 or 4 sets.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Their last match was the worst one I've seen this year, making sure I'll definitely skip this one.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Would imagine this is the nailed on night session game so won't see much of it.

Federer in 4 seems right to me but if Nick can be bothered he could stretch it to 5. Surely he must actually bother to not tank the Federer service games as Roger was well below par today against Paire serving.

I don't understand many things about Nick but why he dosen't work harder on service games against Fed is beyond me. His efforts in Stuttgart were pitiful.

If he can motivate himself he will get break points and who knows where that leads.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Would imagine this is the nailed on night session game so won't see much of it.

Federer in 4 seems right to me but if Nick can be bothered he could stretch it to 5. Surely he must actually bother to not tank the Federer service games as Roger was well below par today against Paire serving.

I don't understand many things about Nick but why he dosen't work harder on service games against Fed is beyond me. His efforts in Stuttgart were pitiful.

If he can motivate himself he will get break points and who knows where that leads.
He just is such a bad returner + that shitty of the ground, when do people recognize this. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts