• Nishikori in 5

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be a similar matchup as Nishikori-Ferrer, expect lots of grueling service games and long rallies. Both guys seem to like the courts here, in theory Nishikori should have an edge due to his HC resume, but I can easily see the match going either way. Hopefully it’s a night match so I can watch it :wink2:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Tough one. Nishikori is a little better in terms of quality, tools and tactics, but mentally he's weaker than Diego imo. I've seen Nishikori melt down more times than Schwartzman. So if it goes to 5, the lil man will take it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Nishikori should save tennis in 4 sets here.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,628 Posts
Tough one. Nishikori is a little better in terms of quality, tools and tactics, but mentally he's weaker than Diego imo. I've seen Nishikori melt down more times than Schwartzman. So if it goes to 5, the lil man will take it.
I can empathise, I'm not sure Kei would have been able to do what Diego did against Kevin Anderson at RG from the dire position he was in. That was incredible spirit. Sometimes Nishikori can get a bit internally negative which affects his focus and level subsequently. On a bad day and especially against very good players he often won't recover, otherwise he'll grit out a hard one.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
@MWW dream match up :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts