Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year the same tournament; Rublev would enter their 4R clash as a good favourite.

However, by the time Berrettini held his serve to take a 2-1* lead (on serve) - we could tell by Rublev's body language that he knew Berrettini was playing monster tennis.

He lost faith - and not that much after - he lost the match by score 3-0.

This time Rublev is an underdog. Rightfully so.

I have Berrettini winning this. I just cant have Rublev winning 3 sets against him after what happened last year.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Neither of them have dropped set yet and also Berrettini hasn't been broken yet.

I watched their matches last year and Matteo completely nullified Rublev's biggest weapon (FH) . Berrettini was way more dominant with his FH and he looks to be in monstrous form.

Berrettini in 4.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
One of three very interesting last 16 encounter (with Goffin/Shapovalov and FAA/Thiem)

Hopefully, Matteo wins like last year but Rublev is stronger than in 2019 and has so much confidence right now. It seems that Matteo worked a lot at the gym during the confinement and looks very fit. Matteo will need his serve more than ever, if his percentage of first serve stay high, he has a really good chance, otherwise Andrei will dominate the game.
Rublev in four.

·
Registered
17,783 Posts
One of my favorite match-ups

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
MB is the favorite, rublev must study what happened last year and learn from it, try to solve mateo and reach the QF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts