Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
I didn't watch Djokovic last night but I watched most of Nishikori - Cilic which was quite a slugfest tbh. If Samurai does not up his level this will end in 3 or max 4 sets to Djokovic.

Hey, but let's hope Kei has left his best for the SF and will pull off the upset.

Djokovic in 3 ..:zzz:

After his joke path to 2016 USO Final, these titans stood on his way to the 2018 edition final while seeded 6th:

Fucsovics
Sandgren
Gasquet
Sousa
Millman
Turkeykori

And yet you won't here a peep from the "easy draws" merchants on this forum..
That’s what happens sometimes when the Dull camp insists Djokovich isn’t on the same side as their draw. I don’t remember the last time they were on the same side. Always Djokovich and Federer on the same side of the draw.

Wanted to write again "the draw from heaven continues" ... but something is bothering me with Novak's game

yes, both Kei and Novak have declined compared to 2014, and the weather will not favor Kei as in 2014.... But I'm afraid that the powerless precision shots of Novak during ground rallies (shots that he employs in this tournament ) will not be enough to break Nishikori's defenses.
If I'm correct, this will be a long grueling match and the decisive factors will be who has more energy left and who is mentally on higher level (who will better handle the pressure of close match).

Still think Novak will take this in 4, but it will be a huge fight and few points might decide.

On the other side, if Novak just relaxes his hand and adds more power in his ground shots this can be over fairly quickly.
I'm hoping that Vajda will analyze Kei's game from yesterday and find a solution for his defenses ... and more importantly explicitly forbid Novak to dropshot in the SF ... (his dropshots were terrible vs Millman)

Lot depends who gets the day match vs night match

If day Nishikori has more chances
It probably won't make a real difference, but since Friday is not weekend yet, night matches would still be prime time, and I can see more people being interested in the Nadal-Delpo match than Djokovic-Nishikori, so the latter is probably gonna be a daytime match.

Wanted to write again "the draw from heaven continues" ... but something is bothering me with Novak's game

yes, both Kei and Novak have declined compared to 2014, and the weather will not favor Kei as in 2014.... But I'm afraid that the powerless precision shots of Novak during ground rallies (shots that he employs in this tournament ) will not be enough to break Nishikori's defenses.
If I'm correct, this will be a long grueling match and the decisive factors will be who has more energy left and who is mentally on higher level (who will better handle the pressure of close match).

Still think Novak will take this in 4, but it will be a huge fight and few points might decide.

On the other side, if Novak just relaxes his hand and adds more power in his ground shots this can be over fairly quickly.
I'm hoping that Vajda will analyze Kei's game from yesterday and find a solution for his defenses ... and more importantly explicitly forbid Novak to dropshot in the SF ... (his dropshots were terrible vs Millman)
Good luck with! You know he just loves dropshots. Even worse, more he misses them, more likely he will try again, just to prove something to himself, I guess :|

The humidity Friday afternoon is supposed to be about 74%, which is pretty high. However, Accuweather gives a Real Feel of 82 for Friday afternoon and 69 for Sunday afternoon. So, Friday is decent, and Sunday should be very cool.
Relative humidity gives us an idea of the amount of moisture in the atmosphere; however, only dew point is a true measurement of the atmospheric moisture.

I do not expect this time will be easy, an upset is possible than before .
i hope Djoker will get it done in less than 3 hrs ,
but my expectation the match will be long exceeding 4.30 hrs and Djoker will suffer
the key here is solid serve ,maintaing good motion and the most important part the backhand should be on fire .
Cilic played better than Kei but his inner demons, chocking wasted everything.

Have no opinion as to winner bcz I haven't seen enough of either player.
Nish has always been disappointing against Djok, huge exception being 2014 here of course.

I would love to see Nish take it to Djok and win. I think a Nish/Nadal final would be thrilling and different. LOL And I could live with Rafa losing to Nish better than any other loss.
Watching Djok for about a set against Millman (I didn't see Millman in the degoating match) it was obvious Millman had nothing to hurt Djok with, last time I watched Djok for any length was against Fed, and of course he looks impressive against Fed, but when Fed is not so great Fed can make opponents look better than they are.

I want to see Djok against an effective offensive opponent (Millman was only slightly more aggressive than Djok in that match) that could be Nish. Djok hits with such margin and consistency and precision--but goes for almost no winners--he's going to beat anyone who plays the same game.

Relative humidity gives us an idea of the amount of moisture in the atmosphere; however, only dew point is a true measurement of the atmospheric moisture.
Dew point is helpful, but it doesn't tell the whole story:

For instance, for the past several hours, the dew point in New York has been about 73, with a heat index of about 83. On the other hand, on Tuesday afternoon, the dew point was lower—only 68, but the heat index was a whopping 96. So, even though the dew point was 5 degrees lower, it would have felt much hotter, especially with the sun.

Kei's defenses a bit overrated. That's not his key game and he certainly won't win the match hoping to outlast Novak in rallies. If he needs to resort to that, it is a losing game actually, and only someone like Cilic can make hash of the match while really being the dominant force in rallies. If all fails, Novak can beat Kei just by waiting for Kei to get impatient and make errors, or just wait for Kei's serving to flop which it surely will. I've seen this too often. And Novak will somehow play more BHDTL and serve better against Kei as he always does even if he didn't do that against his opponents. But I wish you were a Kei fan to understand how much of a chore it is to watch him everytime he steps up to the line. Every return his opponent doesn't get back feels like the lotto. With a better serve, he would surely a slam champion or big title contender.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.