Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Thompson here.

I've never seen Thompson play but since he's a young guy from Australia, it's a no-brainer that he's a talented shotmaker with an attacking game.

Coric, on the other hand, well... I don't know about him. Sometimes, he drives you crazy with his pushing game, but sometimes he can come up with some huge attacking game that makes you fee like " well, this guy must win multiple Slams ".

Thompson in easy 5.

·
6,473 Posts
Borna would have to be the strong favourite here, and should win.
Not a huge fan of his counterpuncher style, but he gets the job done.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
I've never seen Thompson play but since he's a young guy from Australia, it's a no-brainer that he's a talented shotmaker with an attacking game.
He he he ... good one.

In reality, Thompson is the only real pusher by definition we have in the top 100. Being genuine pusher, he will neutralize Borna's counter-punching so Borna will need good strategy before this match.
Luckily Thompson's form is far from stellar and he struggled in the first two sets against semi-injured Kukushkin.

Borna needs to play aggressive from first shot and can't let Thompson to settle. The only weapon Thompson has is good fist serve placement with added kick which was too much for Kuku to return and he returns in play large percentage of first serves.

All in all Borna needs to be patient and careful. He can't afford another 5 setter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts