• Casper in 3

• Casper in 4

• Casper in 5

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think I've been this hyped for a tennis match since Nieminen beat Raonic and Del Potro at Monte Carlo in 2013. Happy to have a Finnish representative back in action on tour. Emil should probably win it. My guess is that he will do so in 4 sets. Emil's forehand will just be too match for Casper imo. The betting markets also has him as favourite with odds at around 1.55 for Emil.

But we gonna see whats going on

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ruud in 3. 4 max.
Level will be rather low. Shouldn't surprise anybody though with Ruud being more of a claycourter and Ruusuvuori, well, being Ruusuvuori.

p.s. I think you're getting "hyped" and "happy" mixed up here.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have only seen a few games here and there of Emil, so it will be exciting to see how much game he really has. Ruud will be a good opponent to measure himself against. While the Norweigan made his breakthrough on clay, he has developed his game on hard. Certainly, Ruud will not gift the match away, so if Emil takes it, it will be well earned.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw they practised together in Finland before going stateside. Reportedly they both won one practice set

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't see this as such an easy match, let alone win for Emil at all, even though it would at first look like the most obvious result, especially after how well Emil played against Bedene.

Ruud has indeed upped his game on hc and has some pretty good weapons of his own.

Emil just had a chance to break Ruud's serve as I'm writing this, but back to deuce it went.

Let's see how the match develops.

·
Premium Member
8,853 Posts
I don't see this as such an easy match, let alone win for Emil at all, even though it would at first look like the most obvious result, especially after how well Emil played against Bedene.

Ruud has indeed upped his game on hc and has some pretty good weapons of his own.

Emil just had a chance to break Ruud's serve as I'm writing this, but back to deuce it went.

Let's see how the match develops.
Have to tune in. How was the 1st set?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Have to tune in. How was the 1st set?
Emil looked good and had 7 bp's, if I remember correctly, yet still managed to lose the set, Ruud converting his 1st bp at the end of the set.

Can def go either way this match.
Interesting one.

·
Premium Member
8,853 Posts
Emil looked good and had 7 bp's, if I remember correctly, yet still managed to lose the set, Ruud converting his 1st bp at the end of the set.

Can def go either way this match.
Interesting one.
🤦‍♂️ Aah, same BP muggery as with Bedene (well, I saw Ruud had about equally poor BP % in his last match). Ruud's FH is dangerous. Emil needs to try to pepper the BH side.

·
Banned
19,217 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Ruud in 3. 4 max.
Level will be rather low. Shouldn't surprise anybody though with Ruud being more of a claycourter and Ruusuvuori, well, being Ruusuvuori.

p.s. I think you're getting "hyped" and "happy" mixed up here.
Credit where its due. A total mismatch. Ruud completely destroyed Ruusuvuori.

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
Credit where its due. A total mismatch. Ruud completely destroyed Ruusuvuori.
But Russu retired? How do you declare that off a retirement?

Lol.

Reactions: jojjeshruk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The injury was affecting Emil's game from the end of 1st set onwards, at least. You could see how he tried to stretch the hurting muscle between the sets.

Still, you can't give 7 BPs away to an opponent who will convert his 1st one, so improvement def needed there. Emil has to learn to take those points that matter in the end.

And I don't want to take anything away from Ruud here, even though I'm sure he didn't want to win the match this way.

Now get well soon Rusa.
A wise move to retire and not cause any further damage to your body.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Injury or not he was never winning that match. Also seems a bit fishy he was healthy enough to go up 2-0 in the third, but then retired when he was trailing 2-3. Anyway, if he's really injjured, then speedy recovery to him and maybe he can use the time to finally get a grip with his extremely weak mentality.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts