• Sandgren in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the last hot day of the tourney but not as hot as it was today. After that, the weather will be much cooler. :smile2:

No1e in 3

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Djokovic should win this in easy 3. Sandgren is really not a kind of player who troubles him. Their only meeting was on grass this year, but even Sandgren is much better on hardcourt, this should be a one-way street for Nole.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Incidentally, Djere (a fellow Serbian) was the surprise winner against Mayer today—he had to retire, but he was down 2 sets. So if both he and Djokovic hold up their ends of the deal, maybe we'll have a clash of fellow Serbs in the 3rd round. ;)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Hopefully he'll play a night session for a change. Playing in the heat again will be energy sapping and the tournament is long.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Djokovic seemed to handle Sandgren easily at Wimbledon but that is no guarantee that the same will happen here. Still, I would surprised in Novak struggled as much as he did today with Fucsovics. So Djokovic in 3 sounds right.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If Sandgren serves like he served against Thiem at AO, then may be he might win a set... chances of that happening is extremely rare anyways..so should be a straight forward 3 set victory for Djokovic..may be 1 tight set

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
It will be a night match, starting at 7 PM. That's OK with both of them.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Novak in 3, hopefully with no drama. On Novak's official site, MTO he called for in match with Fucsovics was described as stomach problems, not heat. Don't know what is up with that, he also had stomach problems during Cincinnati match with Dimitrov.

·
6,250 Posts
Novak 6-0 6-0 6-0, Tennys has no place in ATP Grand slams purely challenger players only
Tennys should be more than happy with a 2nd Round paycheck here. Nole should routinely win this, maybe not all donuts though, but still easily.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Some of the posts in this thread are mind boggling...

Djokovic should be cruising against Sandgren.

·
Super Moderator
7,350 Posts
This is a match thread. Keep it about this particular match, if you want to discuss Federer's age, night v day sessions or western culture do it somewhere else.

Won't be a second warning.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's not Federer or Nadal, so Djokovic will inexplicably struggle for no apparently, lol.

Should win in 3 (or 4).

This is how I view it, actually. Federer and Nadal are not Novak's, problem. Over 3 and 5 sets he has enough to seriously frustrate them even on his bad days.

It's the lesser players that are trouble. Sometimes I wonder if it can be boring for him playing people other than Roger, Nadal, Murray, and Del Po. The mind goes places when you are bored. Not good for the tennis.

If I were Novak, I wouldn't want to play Sandgren, or a Baghdatis or a Edmund at this stage of my career.

He just seems to thrive on matchups between the familiar top 5 that we know. To hell with everything else.

He'll probably be very average against Sandgren. No offense to the other players but you don't exactly dream about playing some of these early round matchups.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts