Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who wins this tough first round encounter?

• Kuku in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kuku in 4

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Kuku in 5

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Montanes in 3

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Montanes in 4

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Montanes in 5

Votes: 3 18.8%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Albert is defending R4 points here and needs to win to keep his top 50 position, so this is an important match for his career and why I made this thread. He's 3-7 on HC this season, and lost in R1 at both Montreal and Cincinnati. Kukushkin is only 6-16 in ATP matches overall but 9-2 in challenger HC matches.

I'm 100% sure this match goes five sets, I think Montanes will outlast Kuku and you all know what I think of the Russian so that's what I dearly hope does happen. Do you all think Albert can save his top 50 ranking by winning here? Vote up!

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
Montanes in 5.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Both are in shitty form
This is that kind of match i wouldn't like to watch in ages

I don't care who wins...just hope the winner will get trashed by Malisse in the 2nd round

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
I hope Albert defends some of his points from last year, but he will probably lose in the next round. Not the best year for him.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
It's going to be a dire match, just like all matches involving Mugtanes on hard court. If Kukushkin wasn't such a clown, he'd take this clay courter behind the woodshed, but sadly this won't happen.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
It's going to be a dire match, just like all matches involving Mugtanes on hard court. If Kukushkin wasn't such a clown, he'd take this clay courter behind the woodshed, but sadly this won't happen.
It'll be even more dire (but funny) to see how far Nadal gets in this tournament :lol:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
It'll be even more dire (but funny) to see how far Nadal gets in this tournament :lol:
Nadal may be playing like shit but not bad enough to lose to Mugray. If your boy makes it to semi (big IF), it'll be a repeat of RG or W semi :wavey:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Yeah, very interesting match.

Kuku probably slightly more suited to the surface, but usually I'd say that Montanes should be too solid for him. The problem, though, is that Montanes has, noticeably, lacked consistency in his performances this year, and his serve has been a particular area of weakness...double-faulting quite a lot lately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts