• Youzhny in 5

Votes: 6 14.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My computer glitched so the Riba v Berlocq headline was posted twice :lol:

Anyway, Misha is defending SF points here. His ranking will be in the 30's without the points. Gulbis has been in good form and has a 2-1 H2H lead, but a bad record in GS events. Misha has very few good wins this year, but can he find a way to turn his season around here? Vote up!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Re: WWW US Open R1: Youzhny v Gulbis

Hopefully Gulbis.

Youzhny is overranked because of these US Open points. And if he beat Gulbis he'd have a mug draw after that until Nadal so it would be another cake (3rd in a row at grand slams) :eek:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Youzhny got so lucky last year and the pressure of these points will get to him and override Gulbis' lousy GS record. Gulbis in four.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts

Colonel should be way too consistent for a ballbasher like Gulbis.

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts

Depends on which ernest shows up .HE just had a good run in the last month so I doubt he will do well here .Basing on that YOuzhny in 3

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

Colonel is having a dreadful season. If Gulbis plays close to his best level, he should have no trouble going through. Unfortunately.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts

Colonel in 5. Gulbis needs to show the consistency in slams before I start thinking that he's going to win matches like these

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

I think the reason why Gulbis never lived up to his potential was the mere fact that he comes from a wealthy background. He's spoiled so he probably doesn't have that hunger, motivation, and drive.

This Russian MIGHT be able to upset Nadal before Ferrer. If not he'll certainly make it tough on Nadal.
However I think Ferrer will defeat Nadal again.

·
Registered
662 Posts

Gulbis is finally finding some form but still it´s going to be Colonel in 5 after losing first 2 sets and being break down in 3rd.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts

Youzhny is solid at Slams, SF,R3,R3,R4 at his last performances, and he is not going to lose in R1, altough his confidence may be low after losing to Llodra in Montreal &Cncy in both 3rd set TB, anyway i'm going with Colonel in 4

·
A happy person
44,904 Posts

Gulbis still haven't won a match at Grand Slams since a long time and Youzhny needs the points, he can go out from the top 30 if loses this match. I think Youznhny wins in 4 but hopefully I'm wrong. :p Gulbis needs very much a win at Slam.

·
29,637 Posts

Ernesto should win this one. The Colonel's getting on a bit now, and E-Gul's in a section he can do some real damage under Canas' tutelage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts