Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stakhovsky in 5

Votes: 5 21.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two have played twice, but only once since Stakhovsky became a top 50 player. That was last year in Toronto and the Ukrainian won 7-5 6-1.

I don't expect that big of a blowout but this match could be very close and competitive. Stakhovsky loves to attack and Gasquet counter-punches, so it will be very interesting to see who implements their gameplan best.

I think Gasquet wins in straights and plays great. What do all think?

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Guasquet is playing a hell of a lot better than he was last year and I think he should take this fairly easily. Stakhovsky might sneak a set but Richard is too good a player to lose more than that to him. Richie in 4.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Stakh should make this tougher than we probably expect. Possibly Richie in 5.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think Stakhovsky takes this in 5. Gasquet's returns are sort of weak and he usually just ends up floating slices and I think Stakhovsky will have a lot of opportunities to dominate at net.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I don't have high hopes for Stakhovsky given that he just this week choked away a match against Benneteau. Who does that against that guy? Gasquet in 3.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Gasquet is peaking for Metz. Don't care about USO. If he wins, it's in practice mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts