Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
What a way to go out lol

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Ferrer is only a shadow of his former self. This will be his last USO. Rafa in 3, anything else would surprise me.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Would be magical if Ferrer somehow finds his hard-court best and gives Nadal a run for his money (which he was capable of on occasion).

But let's be real, anything more than 9 games would be good for Ferrer.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Nadal in 2.5 sets: 6-2, 6-1, 3-1 ret.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Wrong poll. Should be about the number of games Ferrer can win. This isn't 2007 anymore or even 2015.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I would expect this to be an easy win for Rafa as David no longer has anything to trouble him with. Assuming he does lose, I'm pleased he's playing Rafa because obviously they know each other very well and presumably get on well so it is better that David ends his slam career to a friend rather than to someone he doesn't know.

·
|
14,324 Posts
Just because Ferrer rarely plays great nowadays it doesn't mean he won't play great this time.
Nadal could be in horrendous trouble.

·
|
14,324 Posts
Ferrer knows Nadal's game more than anyone, so its easy for him to extend the points, regardless of form.
Even a 6-2 set will take a while.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
If an agreement was made as for Ferrer to go through he would only needed to win 3 games, my money would still be on Nadal.

·
|
14,324 Posts
Its a nuisance that Ferrer is going to make Nadal run a lot, but I guess this is the best time to do it, Nadal fairly fresh and good to get your groundstrokes into a rhythm in case Karen or Edmund are playing great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts