• Pablo of Spain

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge chance for Shapovalov here.

Shapovalov is one of the most talented players of this generation. The guy basically has everything. The groundstrokes, the serve, the net skills etc.

Should he live up to his potential, it would be a disaster to see him retire without at least 8 or 9 Slams.

Carreno Busta, on the other hand, is a defensive grinder who actually has no business in a Slam SF.

Kudos to him for beating World No.1 though.

Shapovalov in easy 5.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
PCB will get to the second SF of the US Open.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Shapo should take this and def deserves it more. As much as I appreciate Carreno for saving tennis today, he really has no business being in a slam semi

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
pcb in 4. he'll be as fresh as a daisy with only 4:21 spent on court the past 3 matches versus 10:38 for shapo, who was admittedly tired after the goffin match. a tough, spanish veteran who can grind and was giving djoker fits is the last type of player you want to face in this situation.

·
justice for all
18,019 Posts
Not gonna lie - I root heavily for Denis. Last time they played here Pablo beat him but it was a close match (3 TB-s). Maybe it’s Shapo time now?
Anyway, let the best man win!

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
It's not a great matchup for Shapovalov given PCB's ability to make players play an extra ball but he was right there against him in the same spot three years ago here and lost a very close one to him in three TBs. I'd give him the edge at this point mentally given those years of experience so I'd say he takes it this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts