Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW: US Open QF - Coric[27] vs. Zverev[5]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coric and Zverev are interesting rivals who always try to show beautiful tennis and all that crap. Let's just hope they give us at least 3 sets of it before a winner is declared.
Who takes the SF spot?

·
Super Moderator
7,623 Posts
I'm going with Coric here. If he's solid from the baseline and manages to grind Zverev down, I can see it happening. He's got the H2H to back him up too, including a win right there at the USO. RoS will be key.

·
Your visions will happen
48,540 Posts
Winner plays Shapo/Goffin/PCB for a spot in the FINALS OF THE US OPEN

Insane opportunity

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
shapo vs Coric sf would be great
goffin vs coric too

·
Your visions will happen
48,540 Posts
Coric in 4

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think Borna matches up well with Zverev. He counterpunches better than Sascha, and the later doesn't have enough firepower to blast him off the court. However, I've heard the commies said during Coric's match that Zverev has finally cut down the DFs. That serve could make the difference here. Voted Borna in 4, but wouldn't be surprised if Alexander wins.

Reactions: Rumour

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I want Zverev to move on,but seems like Coric going to win...

·
Registered
139 Posts
They met here a few years ago with Coric winning. It all depends on Zverev's serve.
But even as a German I go with Coric. He has been such an underachiever. So much like Hewitt and so far away from his success.
Maybe this could be his breakthrough tournament!!??

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Zverev will lose obviously, but the good news is, you can benefit from it. Coric is the betting underdog. :aparty:

·
justice for all
15,124 Posts
Interesting match. Borna has a h2h advantage but the way Sascha is playing in this USO (especially serving but his ground and net game are also improving) indicates he should come out on top as the winner. My bet would be Zverev in 4.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts