Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dominic Thiem and Alex De Minaur are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win? (y)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well, even if I've heard of a guy with a mustache, putting people from Austria under his boot once upon a time, there will be a different result in the next round. Thiem in easy 4.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Alex takes this in 4 in this surface

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Thiem in 3,max in 4 if he will fart for a couple of games.Anything else will be embarrassment

·
justice for all
16,847 Posts
Looking forward to this match and hoping for a comfortable Dominic's win. He needs to stay fresh for hopefully next two matches. But to be honest: I'll take any win.
Alex De Minaur should not be underestimated. Maybe he doesn't have the power and the serve of other players but his quickness, tenacity, great ROS skills, particularly on this surface make him a dangerous opponent.

Come on, Dominic! Go and get your place in the first USO SF!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
A match Thiem could have lost a year or two ago, but I don’t think he will be spraying errors and getting frustrated which is Demon’s only hope.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thiem looked unplayable against FAA, and even though De Minaur is a very difficult player to face, he probably will be overwhelmed by the intensity Thiem can bring to the table when he wants to truly win.

Watch out though, it could very well be a trap match.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If Dominic plays as well as against FAA (at least in set 2 an 3), Demon has not the weapons to withstand Dominic's power. Demon is a huge fighter, so he could snatch a set, but if ever he would be in a leading situation at some point, he would start to feel the pressure too. In other words, I would be chocked if Dominic would lose this match.

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
No chance for DeMinaur.

Best bet is sneaking a set in a tiebreak IMO

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,651 Posts
De Minaur is a good fighter and not easy to put away but I feel Thiem might have too much power for him to handle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts