Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dominic Thiem and Alexander Zverev are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win? (y)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Zverev is somehow going to win. We all know it. Just accept it.

Reactions: Slamrev

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thiem is 1-7 in big finals. Only win against Chokerer. I see no danger for my boy here. Alex in 4 sets :cool:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
7-2 H2H in favor of Thiem; he should win this.

·
Premium Member
9,299 Posts
Thiem will destroy him for sure, he got this in the bag, just hope his ankle is fine otherwise not a ghost of a chance for Zverev.

·
Registered
19,393 Posts
Thiem wins, there's no other result

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Thiem should win.But i have an ugly feeling that Zverev's serve will be clicking...

Reactions: cpbdea

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Finally a slam final where Thiem doesn't play the tournament's most successful player ever. He shouldn't blow this, and he won't. He can outmanoeuvre Zverev, if he was able to handle Medvedev so well. Sascha did show glimpses of brilliance, but Thiem is another kind of monster.

Austrian in 3.

·
The special one
14,780 Posts
Based on their respective levels in this tournament Thiem should win this in 3, 4 max. Plus I think Zverev is more likely to shit the bed, its his first slam final, whereas this will be Thiem's 4th, the other 3 were against the Clay and HC GOATS in their best slam so Thiem should feel very good about his chances on this match.

Bring it home Domi.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
I think Thiem is the underdog in this match. Sneaky feeling Zverev in 5

Reactions: Slamrev

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Zverev isn't serving (or rallying) like Madrid 2018 so Thiem should take this preferably in 3 or 4

·
Registered
59,964 Posts
Probably better for Zverev that it's Thiem than Medvedev, in that it's harder to be nervous when just reacting to power vs. creating it. Still doubt he even gets a set.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Everything we've seen so far indicates it should be Thiem, and yet I have a feeling Zverev will take home his maiden slam trophy. Don't know why, I think he'll win it.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Thiem is the favorite but who knows with this generation. Im more interested to see if Thiem can get over the Rafa hurdle at the French Open. THEN I will believe hes legit.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Based on their respective levels in this tournament Thiem should win this in 3, 4 max. Plus I think Zverev is more likely to shit the bed, its his first slam final, whereas this will be Thiem's 4th, the other 3 were against the Clay and HC GOATS in their best slam so Thiem should feel very good about his chances on this match.

Bring it home Domi.
Thiem will be more nervous, I'm sure. All the pressure will be on him, whereas Zverev, even though it will be his first slam final, probably didn't have big big expectations and he'll feel less pressure to win. It feels like Thiem has to win this slam, Zverev doesn't. It may tip the mental scale to Zverev's advantage.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts