• Bolelli in 3

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interesting match. Kenny is the favourite to win the whole thing and in addition is the first seeded. He has a positive H2H against Bolelli (2-0), but both victories were in indoor and grass courts. Now they play on clay and after seeing Bolelli win in Vercelli. Simone looks in good shape but his draw was weak while Kenny de Schepper has been playing in the ATP tour these last weeks and he is raising his level for Roland Garros, where he should be one of the dark horses.

De Schepper in 3 (I think he will have a slow start in the tournament).

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
De Schepper a dark horse for RG? I don't rule out him beating a tired Superbol, even though Bolelli should be favourite here, but if he gets to the QF stage in RG then someone will have lost a lot of betting money.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
SuperBol is fav by the bookies and Kenny have Madrid qualifications in weekend.

Simone should take it and fight for TOP200 in this tournament.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Very interesting match. Kenny is the favourite to win the whole thing and in addition is the first seeded. He has a positive H2H against Bolelli (2-0), but both victories were in indoor and grass courts. Now they play on clay and after seeing Bolelli win in Vercelli. Simone looks in good shape but his draw was weak while Kenny de Schepper has been playing in the ATP tour these last weeks and he is raising his level for Roland Garros, where he should be one of the dark horses.

What :haha:

He isn't even a dark horse to survive the first round.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts

are you insane? haver you ever actually watched this clown play? deschepper is one of the weakest and most limited members of the top 100 and is very over ranked. the guy actually being in the top 100 is just awful. He is a dark horse for absolutely nothing and if he made the second week then it would be a sham

Unfortunately simone will probably be to ired to do the tennis world a favor and win this

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Dark horse? lol if De Schepper reaches the 2nd round in Roland Garros i would be shocked

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
VamosRafaNadal pulling a motorhead.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
De Schepper is one of the worst returners I have ever seen. I would be able to dictate a rally against him. If he gets past the second round I would be amazed!

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

:lol:

VamosRafaNadal is actually a great poster, but this gem in bold got me LMAO. :haha:

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
bolelli to take this

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I didn't expect that amount of messages in this thread mates. I will answer all of them, but this is not a trolling thread or something like that.

Yeah, it can sound a little bit shocking but De Schepper is no longer an all serve player. I saw him training plus playing two matches in Barcelona in live this year and I noticed he is adding a lot of top spin on his shots. They are still too much light, I mean he gives them a good height but not still the amount of power to make them dangerous, but it is a matter of time plus Barcelona is slow clay. I see him able to rock the clay on Paris if he keeps this trend (in addition playing on his country, which will be a mental boost). He is changing his game plus he has been in a second week of a Grand Slam before, so this experience should give him a mental positive handicap. If he keeps this trend of improvement in his ground game he can be very tough to beat with his huge serve + decent baseline play. He has enough time to do it, he probably went to play on Tunis because he wants to win the whole think while playing the most number of possible matches.

De Schepper a dark horse for RG? I don't rule out him beating a tired Superbol, even though Bolelli should be favourite here, but if he gets to the QF stage in RG then someone will have lost a lot of betting money.
And some other like me maybe will have won a lot of money then :eek: :lol:

SuperBol is fav by the bookies and Kenny have Madrid qualifications in weekend.

Simone should take it and fight for TOP200 in this tournament.
One of my threats, maybe he tanks if he considers that Madrid is more helpful than Tunis. About the favouritism of Bolelli in the bookies is difficult to understand, maybe they think that the Schepper will be tired or not focused in the tournament. But bookies think that De Schepper is the same that one year ago, which is false. He is a titan from the baseline now :)

If bolelli isn't fatigued theres no way de schepper can beat somebody of his class on a clay court.
He defeated Marsel Ilhan in two sets a week ago and played a decent match against Verdasco. Bolelli is good but De Schepper is ready to fire him with bombs :cool:

What :haha:

He isn't even a dark horse to survive the first round.
It depends on the draw, but he has a great chance to win his 1st round match with a lot of players, including some seededs. After a 1st round win he will win confidence and results will follow a positive trend :cool:

are you insane? haver you ever actually watched this clown play? deschepper is one of the weakest and most limited members of the top 100 and is very over ranked. the guy actually being in the top 100 is just awful. He is a dark horse for absolutely nothing and if he made the second week then it would be a sham

Unfortunately simone will probably be to ired to do the tennis world a favor and win this
Yes I did, exactly one week ago in Barcelona. In addition I witnessed the new De Schepper 2.0, something that according to your message you probably didn't. I understand you because your opinion is based on De Schepper 1.0, but time will give me the reason.

Dark horse? lol if De Schepper reaches the 2nd round in Roland Garros i would be shocked
Bookies will be shocked as well, I will take profit of it :D

VamosRafaNadal pulling a motorhead.
Should I change my avatar for this image? http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kenny+De+Schepper+Championships+Wimbledon+4uIXm1fyIDSl.jpg

Not as sexy as your Malisse avatar but that backhand is pure tennis.

dark horse cannot be found
You will, maybe even before of Roland Garros, Madrid altitude can help Kenny's serve to be even more powerful than what it is right now. That should give Kenny time to work more in his baseline play.

De Schepper is one of the worst returners I have ever seen. I would be able to dictate a rally against him. If he gets past the second round I would be amazed!
He did it last year in Wimbledon, and he is improving in slow courts these days as Nadal is just doing the opposite way.

:lol:

VamosRafaNadal is actually a great poster, but this gem in bold got me LMAO. :haha:
I understand you, but after Tunis and Madrid you will start to understand my unbiased thoughts :cool:

Read his recent posts :lol: Lots of de Schepper
Indeed, maybe I was too excited about the idea of Kenny being one of the new growing forces on the ATP circuit and I start writing his name everywhere. From now I will try to be more discrete :angel:

Ok, he fooled me :lol:
Not exactly, maybe it was too brave to put him as a candidate to win Roland Garros but honestly seeing him in the second week is not crazy, we gonna see how he performs in the following days.

Love how he said "where he should be one of the dark horses" :lol:

Not nishikori, not dimitrov, not even Yen-hsun lu.. but oh yes de schepper
:lol: Everybody forgets Kenny when talking about the rising players in the ATP circuit, I was only trying to help him raise his reputation. But yeah, Dimitrov and Nishikori can make some damage on the field as well. If one of them plays against Kenny we will see a 5 sets drama match for sure. And, about Lu, as long as Roland Garros is not a Challenger event he won't make it past R64.

De Schepper just beat Ilhan last week, so enough said.
Good to know that you give credit to my unbiased thoughts :worship: Ilhan is a decent all-court game, seeing him routined by De Schepper shows how De Schepper game is being improved.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Well, you've sold me. I'm now convinced De Schepper is a real threat for RG. Hope his match abainst Bolelli is streamed.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
how this shit match become interesting?

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Kenny to play on Wednesday.

Well, you've sold me. I'm now convinced De Schepper is a real threat for RG. Hope his match abainst Bolelli is streamed.
Maybe I am wrong, but I have the hunch that Kenny will make a great clay season, or at least he is working for that. Let's see if our man converts his practice efforts into good results in ATP matches. But it is not stricly necessary to watch his first match, we will have a lot more until the final in Tunis to see him in action :worship:

how this shit match become interesting?
We gonna see the start of something big, even if De Schepper loses I hope that he follows the great trend that I noticed in Barcelona. While other players like Dodig spent like 30 minutes only serving like a bot, De Schepper was running all around the court and sweating like if he just took a bath. I repeat, maybe I am wrong with my feelings but I have the hunch that De Schepper will bring his A game because he knows that after Wimbledon his ranking will drop so he needs to go all the way in Roland Garros :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts