• Musetti in 3

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Alcaraz in 3

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Good going for both of them. Alcaraz dropped a set against Dambrosi (#894) in his first match here but he has been doing good things ever since.

Musetti in 2.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm going with Musetti in this one. It's a 50/50 match, but crowd will get the Italian over the top. Just like it did for Alcaraz in a Spain challenger (forgot the place) last year where he really blew up.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Last time I saw Alcaraz was in Rio, so I was curious about this matchup and watched both of their QF. What happened to the Alcaraz serve now? He has very little pop on it and he's rolling it in. As he moves up, better players are going to feast on it but I could've sworn in Rio it was a bigger weapon. Musetti has the better serve but he is too passive, Alcaraz has the ability to dictate the points here with his forehand. If it weren't for his wimpy serve, I would tip the Spaniard but this looks to be 50/50.

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Alcaraz quite clearly the better player so far, Musetti can't do anything with his backhand, especially on return.

The match is kinda bad so far, lots of mistakes from both.

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Last time I saw Alcaraz was in Rio, so I was curious about this matchup and watched both of their QF. What happened to the Alcaraz serve now? He has very little pop on it and he's rolling it in. As he moves up, better players are going to feast on it but I could've sworn in Rio it was a bigger weapon. Musetti has the better serve but he is too passive, Alcaraz has the ability to dictate the points here with his forehand. If it weren't for his wimpy serve, I would tip the Spaniard but this looks to be 50/50.
You are right, his first serve looks more like a second serve. I remember it being way better.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Yep. Never his strongest weapon but right now it's WTAesque.

·
9,558 Posts
Alcaraz has the potential to go that far, but I don't think Musetti will be more than a 51-100 player.
Will see... already win a slam on hard courts.... for me Musetti will have better career. Alcaraz will be a clay only goat. Musetti will do ok everywhere

Reactions: HollowTip

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alcaraz is making some good uses of drop shots on this third set

I agree about the serve, but he is only 17. He will improve

1 - 20 of 29 Posts