Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafael Nadal and Karen Khachanov are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win?

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
You said Cilic was going to destroy Nadal :lol:
And I was wrong, overestimated Cilic's ability to not choke away big wins. I'm confused why people are acting like I'm like Boss and always predict cataclysm for Nadal though, I've never exactly been optimistic in terms of my faves winning. I just saw that Nadal was very vulnerable and thought Cilic could build up a big enough lead against this current Nadal to not choke- which he nearly did, but then remembered he's Marin Cilic.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Khachanov could surprise here. I'm not sure if Nadal wants to go all out here (I know he will). I think he's had enough match practice to save himself for USO and no threat to his #1 ranking.

·
Registered
546 Posts
This will be closer than people think but Rafa has too much experience and mental toughness and he will win the big points. I would not be surprised at all if KK gets a set.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,613 Posts
Khachanov basically outhit himself in Beijing. He needs to be smarter about his aggression really, I mean Cilic is a headcase but Karen's moments can be awkward because he really has a lot of power going for him, but can lack serious control. Every match is new that said and Nadal is quite vulnerable if he plays well and sustains it.

·
justice for all
13,116 Posts
I think Karen will win. He looks very good this week beating some quality opposition in straight sets and holding up mentally. Nadal is crap on the other hand as for his lofty standards.

Khachanov in 2.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Can someone explain the point of OP’s WWW and match result threads to me? Are they supposed to be funny, witty, ironic—what’s the deal?
This one is by far his best though.

Hilarious.

I also like "not the result _, his fans, friends and family had hoped for"

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I think Karen will win. He looks very good this week beating some quality opposition in straight sets and holding up mentally. Nadal is crap on the other hand as for his lofty standards.

Khachanov in 2.

Lol you are the most predictable poster ever.. Oh wait, the second one :grin2:.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Providing Rafa plays half decently he should take this. Sadly, after staying up until almost dawn for the last 3 nights I can't do it again and shall miss this match. Good luck Rafa!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
And I was wrong, overestimated Cilic's ability to not choke away big wins. I'm confused why people are acting like I'm like Boss and always predict cataclysm for Nadal though, I've never exactly been optimistic in terms of my faves winning. I just saw that Nadal was very vulnerable and thought Cilic could build up a big enough lead against this current Nadal to not choke- which he nearly did, but then remembered he's Marin Cilic.
:D Called it Dr. Cilic and Mugrin Hyde. But really he's always more likely to lose the "battle of margins" against a guy like Rafa. Flat bashing taken to the extreme. Not a lot of margin there.

Khachanov quite the basher himself, although hitting with more top spin (quite extreme western grip IINM). But not many switches. Really expecting Rafa in 2 unless it all falls into place for Karen (a Coric Halle moment).

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
:D Called it Dr. Cilic and Mugrin Hyde. But really he's always more likely to lose the "battle of margins" against a guy like Rafa. Flat bashing taken to the extreme. Not a lot of margin there.

Khachanov quite the basher himself, although hitting with more top spin (quite extreme western grip IINM). But not many switches. Really expecting Rafa in 2 unless it all falls into place for Karen (a Coric Halle moment).
Yeah, I always thought Nadal would've beaten Cilic at AO18 had he not gotten injured. But then again, Nadal did overplay in the previous months and he paid for it during the first couple months before the clay season.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts