Mens Tennis Forums banner

Kyrgios or Murray?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think? Personally, I'd be shocked if Kyrgios wins, I don't think he's ready yet. Hoping for a good match though.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Kyrgios in two. 7-6 7-6

Btw, Mauresmo was at Kyrgios' match today doing some recon. I wonder what advice she will give Andy?

·
Your visions will happen
47,253 Posts
Hopefully Nick but probably Muzz

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
From what i have seen today if Murray won´t implode, he should routine him, honestly Kyrgios serve as big at it is, he hasn´t faced returner like Andy, also in rallies i can see Kyrgios make easy errors, overhitting and so on, i would say he is playing to much with emotions - which is not best thing to do vs consistent baseliner with deffensive skills like Murray has. Howewer Murray in 2014 isn´t your safe bet vs anyone, but this being Canada wher ehe used to be succesfull in his career i think he should handle Kyrgios, both his serve and his groundstrokes in rallies. Murray in close 2 sets

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Camp Murray in trouble, I'll be very happy if KyriGOAT humiliates Murray in their first encounter.

Kyrgios in 3, more talented shot maker, great mindset.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
please kyrgios win this somehow!!!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Hopefully the long break will do Murray some good, I think with his return of serve that he'll find a way through in 3.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Reasonable amount of uncertainty about this. My feeling is that if Murray is playing OK he will move Kyrgios around a lot and expose his relatively weak defence. If Kyrgios serves well enough to secure a couple of TBs then Murray could be in trouble though...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Sir Andrew in 2.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
From what i have seen today if Murray won´t implode, he should routine him, honestly Kyrgios serve as big at it is, he hasn´t faced returner like Andy, also in rallies i can see Kyrgios make easy errors, overhitting and so on, i would say he is playing to much with emotions - which is not best thing to do vs consistent baseliner with deffensive skills like Murray has. Howewer Murray in 2014 isn´t your safe bet vs anyone, but this being Canada wher ehe used to be succesfull in his career i think he should handle Kyrgios, both his serve and his groundstrokes in rallies. Murray in close 2 sets
Good analysis.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
hart says Nick brain says Kyrgios so probably Murray in 2

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Thing about Kyrgios is he rises to the occasion and learns - probably a factor of enough match experience, having played so few matches in total, but in his run up to Wimbledon at there each match was better than the previous one (until he was just too tired).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts