Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tsonga or Murray?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me cynical but I'm going with Murray in 2, possibly 3. I know Tsonga played out of his mind today but I get the feeling he will turn up to this match with a complacent attitude and will get punished for that. I certainly hope I'm wrong though. If Tsonga actually can keep up his form, he's got a real chance here.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Murray earning easy points to ranking and improoving his chances to play WTF, btw with Nole out already i think Murray-Federer F this Toronto has written all over. Murray is tough match-up for Tsonga, who is actualyl playing good at the moment, but honestly from his today match vs Nole we can ´t make any predictions.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I think the W/O actually works against Andy. Only one match this tournament compared to three for JWT, at this stage you want matches for rhythm, so I think JWT in 3.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
murray in 2

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Despite the lopsided head to head, these matches are usually tight.

With Tsonga confident and having rediscovered his first serve, it will be close. Slightly concerned that Murray has only had a 50 minute training session so far.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
One of the most underrated modern grass court rivalries takes to hard courts.

I'm glad I looked up before I repeated almost exactly what Tiebreak100 said about their match-up; must closer than the results would suggest.

Still, I expect Murray to expose Tsonga's poor returns, get into more of his service games than Djokovic did today, and generally make up the baseline difference in the backhand exchanges the way Nole really failed to do today.

After a cold start, Murray in 3.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
and here comes the first real opponent..

i expect Andy to fold and continue his vacation toward Cinci. The sightseeing has probably been already booked, everything is in place.

He looks sick of trvelling the whole world from corner to corner and see only - hotel-courts-airport, like he's never been there.

Tennis - next year.

Lucky Tsonga

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
Murray to take this, match up is too much

what is it now 9-1?

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
Of course Tsonga should win this in 2 sets since he is atleast twice more talented than that pusher.
Unfortunately he will choke like a clown.

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
Of course Tsonga should win this in 2 sets since he is atleast twice more talented than that pusher.
Unfortunately he will choke like a clown.
what does Tsonga have? 1 Masters, no?

Murray has 9 Masters, 2 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold, peak of no,2

give up m8, Tsonga would give his right testicle (and judging by his performances vs. Murray he has no testicle so he can't even do that) to have a career half as good

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
what does Tsonga have? 1 Masters, no?

Murray has 9 Masters, 2 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold, peak of no,2

give up m8, Tsonga would give his right testicle (and judging by his performances vs. Murray he has no testicle so he can't even do that) to have a career half as good
True but you didn't read my post.

I said Tsonga is more talented than Murray which is true, the fact Tsonga didn't live up to the talent he has is another thing.

After what i saw today against Djokovic it think he can pull it off. I only fear of him choking yet again. :sad:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Murray earning easy points to ranking and improoving his chances to play WTF, btw with Nole out already i think Murray-Federer F this Toronto has written all over. Murray is tough match-up for Tsonga, who is actualyl playing good at the moment, but honestly from his today match vs Nole we can ´t make any predictions.
Nobody who's living in the real world thinks Murray isn't playing the WTF, unless he's injured. He'll be back in the top 4 by then.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts