Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Australia 2-1. Not having Harris does hurt but it's a blessing in disguise since it leaves the pace bowling selection dilemma problem out of the window.

Hazlewood will be the shining star for our series. Book it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The batting lineups are pretty evenly matched but Australia's bowling, even without Harris, looks way better. Let's see what kind of pitches we get, but it's likely that Anderson and Broad will have to GOAT for England to win even a single test.

·
Registered
338 Posts
^ England should go with usual green English wickets. At least that makes it possible for them to pick 10 wickets. Then it becomes the battle of batsmen. If cook gets going,and Bell finds some form ,(Root is of course in super form) then it will be very interesting.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
A repeat of last time would be pretty sweet.

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
Not a chance.
How is England supposed to pull the win in a five-match series?
I only started following this great sport since 2015 but from the WC final of AUS vs NZ, AUS were incredibly classless, taunting the NZ batters who were out. It was the most classless act in sports I've seen in a while, compared with the classy NZ team helping up the defeated South Africans. :eek:

But even considering how classless the AUS cricket team is, I hope England lose because of their unreal luck in the last 2 ODIs vs NZ with missed catches, and disgustingly unlucky injuries for NZ's best swing bowler, on conditions where swing bowling was favoured. NZ would have won both of them with better bowlers. :eek:

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's lack of class and sportsmanship. That is everything. Roger will tell you exactly the same thing.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
I only started following this great sport since 2015 but from the WC final of AUS vs NZ, AUS were incredibly classless, taunting the NZ batters who were out. It was the most classless act in sports I've seen in a while, compared with the classy NZ team helping up the defeated South Africans. :eek:

But even considering how classless the AUS cricket team is, I hope England lose because of their unreal luck in the last 2 ODIs vs NZ with missed catches, and disgustingly unlucky injuries for NZ's best swing bowler, on conditions where swing bowling was favoured. NZ would have won both of them with better bowlers. :eek:

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's lack of class and sportsmanship. That is everything. Roger will tell you exactly the same thing.
I would be the first person to say that our cricket team has little in the way of class. :lol:
But cricket is one sport where nationalism shines through for me (certainly not tennis), and so I follow the Australians.

One of the main reasons why I follow Federer is that he is pure class.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Fucking Brad Haddin and his drop. Boycott's mum could've gotten that from Root at nought.

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
I would be the first person to say that our cricket team has little in the way of class. :lol:
But cricket is one sport where nationalism shines through for me (certainly not tennis), and so I follow the Australians.

One of the main reasons why I follow Federer is that he is pure class.
Fair enough. I understand that some sports encourage nationalism more than others. The thing is that I respect class and sportsmanship just as much as victories themselves. Luckily, the NZ team has plenty of class or else I wouldn't support them for nationalistic reasons. I cannot stand the Australian team. Even today that finger gesture on Starc's mouth was simply classless.

Anyway... I'm happy that Haddin dropped Root at 0, and Root ended on 134. That's poetic justice for his classless, high school celebrations after Elliot was bowled out in the WC.

I dunno. I just find that most of the AUS Cricket team were handpicked from the most moronic bogans out in the country. BTW unlike others, I say this with utmost objectivity as I consider Australia my second home (lived there for some years). I don't have any hate for Australia, but when I see a lack of class I will always point it out. If the cricket team had less success, then I'm sure this poor sportsmanship would be pointed out more.

Must be strong the rivality between you and the Aussies. Always thought you would be good friends.
I don't engage in those petty rivalries that some boneheads get consumed with. I simply do not associate myself with any group. I'm above all that divisive crap.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,733 Posts
I don't engage in those petty rivalries that some boneheads get consumed with. I simply do not associate myself with any group. I'm above all that divisive crap.
Like you badmouthed after Aussies' Rugby-win against NZ and you criticized the classless bunch of Australian footballers during Asian Cup IIRC (or I mistake you for someone else from there). I'm talking beyond rivalries themselves but more about you dislike for certain sports teams from Australia I recently noticed.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts