Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.3%
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2020 "US Open" is NOT OPEN without qualifying, not to mention being closed to the public. Rename This edition.

Sadly, no "Field of Dreams" for players outside the top 128.

The "Draw"

Anyway, who do you see winning this event?

Authoritatively,
masterclass

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Definitely someone not named Novak Djokovic and Dominic Thiem. I would bet everything I have if I was a betting guy.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
IMO, the most likely to win are:

1) Covid-19
2) Dominic Thiem
3) Novak Djokovic
4) Stefanos Tsitsipas

Unless of course some clown like Raonic screws up the draw, in which case all bets are off.
Raonic's service was well recieved by the Djoker circle and the transfer to his bank account was done within two - three business days. Only fools rely on random draw generating. You have to work hard to get what you want.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
The Ruins

FedCult fast transitioning from tasteless to revolting.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Definitely someone not named Novak Djokovic and Dominic Thiem. I would bet everything I have if I was a betting guy.
Very interesting prognosis, indeed. And I must admit the probability is not low. It is there.
Just could not follow on betting everything on this scenario. Still see a possibility Djokovic or Thiem pull it off. Laykold increased my skepsis how players will adapt to that service. I am expecting Roberto Bautista Agut with a deep run. He has done so last year in Miami and sounded extremely motivated in a interview he has given last week.

But there certainly is a dark horse around who has the current peak form trained off-radar, to shock the international community. The return of Cilic bang 2.0 ? Medvedev Shaghai 2019 form ? Khachanov in the zone ?

·
justice for all
16,870 Posts
Ideally: Thiem
Hopefully: Tsitsipas
Possibly: anyone else but the Serbian vulture

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
Thiem or Sinner

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The players choosing to sit out US Open are really doing themselves a disservice. The Lexington WTA tourney is being played flawlessly. Looks like normal competition with fewer fans. Love the close up camera angles on small courts.

From a TV perspective, I like no fans there.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Will someone hang himself if Djokovic - against all odds - gets through to the trophy ?

·
justice for all
16,870 Posts
Will someone hang himself if Djokovic - against all odds - gets through to the trophy ?
Why would anyone? It’s just entertainment for all sane people. On the other if Novack loses some of the most lunatic Djokotards will be on suicide watch.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts