WWW Basel 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone upset Federer on his home turf?
Federer has a pretty favorable draw. I don't see anyone troubling him until at least the SF.
There's an interesting first-round match between Cilic/Shapovalov.
For the QFs, Zverev/Wawrinka and Tsitsipas/Medvedev are possibilities.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Good and interesting draw!

Possible Federer-Millman rematch in 2R :armed:

Come on GOAT, get that #99

Reactions: oldmanfan

·
10,438 Posts
Fedgoat for #99

Reactions: oldmanfan

·
Registered
127 Posts
C'mon now. Based on recent forms, Cilic might be easier than Medvedev, but definitely not harder.

Now, if Medvedev/Cilic/A.Zverev were on the same side, THAT would be imbalanced.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am backing up Stefanos if he is not too tired.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Roger set to retain #3 ranking with his participation and DelPo's withdrawal.
Zverev or Cilic are too far away to topple him even if they win Basel.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Millman v Federer will be an interesting match up

Not sure who will win this tournament, I was going to pick Medvedev as a wildcard option but I think he is tired heading towards the end of year.

Cilic has been average lately.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Roger set to retain #3 ranking with his participation and DelPo's withdrawal.
Zverev or Cilic are too far away to topple him even if they win Basel.
Zverev is a threat for the YE #3 ranking though. I'm hoping Federer will be able to reach his 14th YE top 3 ranking this year, which would be a hard to break record (3 ahead of Djokovic and Nadal).

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Federer's draw is a joke.

4/5 remaining top players in the other half (Zverev, Cilic, Stan, Shapo)

Reactions: grig_shap

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Zverev is a threat for the YE #3 ranking though. I'm hoping Federer will be able to reach his 14th YE top 3 ranking this year, which would be a hard to break record (3 ahead of Djokovic and Nadal).
Federer will overtake his former coach Edberg for most weeks at no.3 in a couple weeks.
Only Jimmy Connors will be ahead now at 238 weeks.Federer has 165 weeks.

·
|
14,625 Posts
And its a record almost no tennis fan will ever know about.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Not sure Fed draw is as easy as made out. Simple enough first one but potentially Millman who has the confidence of knocking him out of a slam. Will have to see if that means he starts having the sign over Fed like Coric now has.

Then after that could be Gulbis who's played great this week and sort of shot maker who can trouble Fed on his serve.

I don't think he'll make the final personally.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Off to Basel tomorrow! Very excited to attend an ATP event and see Federer for the first time in my life (hopefully I'm lucky to see Tsitsipas too). Does anyone know if Roger is scheduled to hold any open practice or autograph sessions for fans? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As for the draw, I think I like Roger's chances here. Federer-Millman will be interesting if it happens.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Off to Basel tomorrow! Very excited to attend an ATP event and see Federer for the first time in my life (hopefully I'm lucky to see Tsitsipas too). Does anyone know if Roger is scheduled to hold any open practice or autograph sessions for fans? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As for the draw, I think I like Roger's chances here. Federer-Millman will be interesting if it happens.
That's cool for you man. Hope you have a blast and Federer will give you a good match. It's great to see the man play live. Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I wonder why no one mentioned Cecchinatos draw lol, right below him is 2 WC and 3 Q lol.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Fred should be able to make the final here and hopefully doesn't get Cilic. Zverev is also tough but not as explosive as Cilic obviously.

I think if Frederick wins #99 he'll cry a lot. #99 almost feels like the 18th slam.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
So, question? Now that Stan Wawrinka has pulled out and ended his season, does another player take his place in the draw?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts