Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Bernard Tomic

Votes: 12 52.2%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both 6'4" (at least according to ATPWorldTour.com) and both multiple junior Grand Slam winners (Monfils won AO, RG, Wimbledon; Tomic won AO and USO).

Monfils is coming back from injury but that happens very often. Monfils has a very good 60-29 record indoors.

Winner to play Kevin Anderson.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I'm going to go with Tomic, because I flipped a coin and got tails.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Monfils - what a wasted talent :sad: - a pure athlete like him should be a regular top 5 and a threat for grand slams. Too bad he chose to waste his career away by clowning and being an entertainer rather than a serious tennis player :sad:

Like someone on this board said: "To Monfils tennis looks fun, so he plays".

If he's at his best, he'll beat Tomic in2, whose movement is akin to someone with hardened cement in his shoes. Sadly, he'll probably clown around and lose in 3 sets or something :eek:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Bad match up for Tomic, Monfils will be too consistent and athletic for him to do any damage. But I also thought that against big servers and players that like to volley, so you never know.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
i gotta car full of girls and it's goin real swell,
the next stop is the eastside motel

with that said it's gotta be the D, O to the Double G

Nard Dogg :rocker2:

i'm tweaking into a whole new era
g-funk step step to this? i dare ya
funk... on a whole new level,
the rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the time of writing, Nard Dog has 1 post (and it wasn't even an opening post). The man has influence.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The gentlemen before me have got it spot on. Bernie will have no trouble destroying this pathetic hack if he wishes to do so.

The only question is whether or not The Nard Dogg in fact wants to advance in this lowly tournament. It would be very understandable if he tanked this rubbish and celebrated his birthday like a young genius should.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Monfils - what a wasted talent :sad: - a pure athlete like him should be a regular top 5 and a threat for grand slams. Too bad he chose to waste his career away by clowning and being an entertainer rather than a serious tennis player :sad:

Like someone on this board said: "To Monfils tennis looks fun, so he plays".

If he's at his best, he'll beat Tomic in2, whose movement is akin to someone with hardened cement in his shoes. Sadly, he'll probably clown around and lose in 3 sets or something :eek:
If you're going to quote me, give me credit.:wavey:

Monfils seems like a good-natured guy, tremendously fit and athletic, who just happened upon a racquet one day. He doesn't seem to know what this tennis thing is, but it's fun sometimes. So he plays.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
The gentlemen before me have got it spot on. Bernie will have no trouble destroying this pathetic hack if he wishes to do so.

The only question is whether or not The Nard Dogg in fact wants to advance in this lowly tournament. It would be very understandable if he tanked this rubbish and celebrated his birthday like a young genius should.
:worship::worship::worship:

Word up dawg, aint nothin but a bernie thang....

·
Registered
7,936 Posts

:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
The other seeds who were given a BYE in the 1st round (ergo the top 4 seeds) already went out in their first match and I have the feeling Monfils will go out too.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
The other seeds who were given a BYE in the 1st round (ergo the top 4 seeds) already went out in their first match and I have the feeling Monfils will go out too.
This. People should realise that Monfils is not winning this today.
6 votes for Monfils? :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts