• Gulbis in 3

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply a refreshing final :bounce: On one side it is the rising youngster of the year, striving for a maiden title to cap off his breakthrough year. On the other it is a talented player who has struggled for years, and is finally finding his way back to the top circuit. Both have exciting games, this title would mean a lot for either. Gulbis has a 6-0 record in finals, he just transforms into another beast on Sundays. By contrast, Tsitsipas has a 0-2 record, but we should surely cut him some slack as he faced Nadal in both of them >:) Let’s hope for an entertaining battle!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Hopefully Gulbis becomes the first and only player to win all 7 finals that he has played. He had that record with 6-0, but Klizan tied it this year (but last month lost his 7th final). Should be an exciting battle, I obviously hope Gulbis takes this as he really needs this for his comeback and confidence.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
This is gonna be a tough one, but I believe he can do it! :sport:

And what a great final this is! Two really talented players and shotmakers, we can't ask for better than that in a 250 final.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Time for Stefanos to win his first title!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I hope Tsitsi can clinch his first title, it would be a great reward for his excellent year, at least he wont' have Nadal in front him this time. I would bet for a match in 3 sets

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I think Gulbis will use his excellent two handed bh to move the youngster who needs time for his one handed bh. They both have excellent serves so it should be a tight affair with few bp opportunities. But, I think Gulbis will prevail.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Gulbis and his strange forehand might just take this. I will never stop being amazed by that forehand >:) That being said, the young gun deserves a title for his great work so far this year.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I think it would be nice if Tsitipas could finish this season with a title. But as others already said, tennis wins either way. An interesting day in any case with three NextGen players in the finals.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Great final on paper! Both would really need a win here, but I'm pulling for Stef all the way: he is 0-2 on finals right now, he needs to bring one home to start building some confidence in these high stakes matches.

This could be a tough one, but heart says Tsitsipas in 3, let's go! :armed:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts