Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,835 Posts
Re: WWW: Soderking 2009 vs. Clayray 2015 at RG

Söderling in 5.
Clayray would fight very hard, but would give in in the end. His stamina will be exposed, his FH abused.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

Murray does not stand a chance. And I'm serious here, for once...

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Murray does not stand a chance. And I'm serious here, for once...
i think clayray would win at least a set. he took djokovic to 5 last rg and played really well in 3rd/4th set :shrug:

but at the end it would be too much firepower for clayray.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

The same Soderling who was humped by Federer in less than two hours?

Not sure, but I think Murray would find a way to win after a prolonged battle.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts

The same Soderling who was humped by Federer in less than two hours?

Not sure, but I think Murray would find a way to win after a prolonged battle.
The same Soderling who defeated Ferrer, Nadal, Davydenko and Gonzalez.

Unfortunately for Murray's sake, he (himself) is not Federer. He's Murray. :lol:

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

The same Soderling who defeated Ferrer, Nadal, Davydenko and Gonzalez.

Unfortunately for Murray's sake, he (himself) is not Federer. He's Murray. :lol:
I'm not comparing Murray and Federer. The second line tells you that.

The aggression that was badly missing in Murray's defeats to guys like Gonzalez and Berdych at Roland Garros in the past, is no longer such an issue.

Only this year would Murray have realistically stood any chance of defeating the 2009 version of Soderling.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts

I'm not comparing Murray and Federer. The second line tells you that.

The aggression that was badly missing in Murray's defeats to guys like Gonzalez and Berdych at Roland Garros in the past, is no longer such an issue.

Only this year would Murray have realistically stood any chance of defeating the 2009 version of Soderling.
How do you know Murray wouldn't be spanked by Federer in under 2 hours, though?

The 'aggressive Murray' on clay conundrum is like a tall midget. They're still small. He'd still have been bossed around the court by Gonzalez and whoever else.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

How do you know Murray wouldn't be spanked by Federer in under 2 hours, though?

The 'aggressive Murray' on clay conundrum is like a tall midget. They're still small. He'd still have been bossed around the court by Gonzalez and whoever else.
The Federer defeating Soderling in straights comment was with regard to the MTF posters who seem to believe that the Swede was barely playable when on in 2009.

Soderling was not a conundrum that couldn't be unlocked and I think Murray would have pushed him hard. It would not be a foregone conclusion like the poll result would suggest.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts

The Federer defeating Soderling in straights comment was with regard to the MTF posters who seem to believe that the Swede was barely playable when on in 2009.

Soderling was not a conundrum that couldn't be unlocked and I think Murray would have pushed him hard. It would not be a foregone conclusion like the poll result would suggest.
Are you suggesting that he was "on" in the final? Just because a player may perform extremely well in any given amount of matches within the same tournament does not represent their entire level of the tournament. Soderling was barely recognisable in the final and Federer got straight on top of that masterfully from the beginning.

Of course Murray would've pushed him hard. Much harder than the undefeated and invisible Rafael Nadal did. :lol:

·
Registered
29,222 Posts
Murraytards hahaha

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Murray of course. Are you even serious?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Muttards getting exposed again for their delusional views about 'Peak Murray'! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts