WWW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger Federer and Kei Nishikori are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Intriguing stuff.

Fed in 2

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,608 Posts
Kei really needs to win this one to really set London going forward after that Tokyo F setback especially considering Federer has been shaky at times. Honestly he has the tools but has to serve well and hold up well under pressure, which has been a mixed bag for him this season. He handled Querrey extremely well. He should just remember he isn't the favourite and play his heart out.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Federer is still rusty as fuck, and Nishikori plays solid. So Federer in two sets, with maybe one tiebreak.

Btw. If I ever should end up in hell (and we all know I will), one torture surely will be to read all of @Manu_ser meaningless thread opening statements in an endless loop. Better start praying for me already, everyone.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
depends on the linespersons selected

·
52,608 Posts
I selected Federer in 2 because I expect Kei will play his lousy match at this juncture and Federer will suddenly play good despite being troubled in earlier rounds. :shrug:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Btw. If I ever should end up in hell (and we all know I will), one torture surely will be to read all of @Manu_ser meaningless thread opening statements in an endless loop. Better start praying for me already, everyone.
How are you going to hell when you worship Goderer? :angel2:

·
Super Moderator
7,340 Posts
Should be a close one, I'm leaning towards Federer in 3. Kei will probably throw a stinker or two with a couple of his service games and if Federer serves well he should have the edge.

Regardless, a Fedikori is always good for tennis. Looking forward to the match.

·
52,608 Posts
It seems Federer is playing bad. But will Nishikori finally take advantage? He wasn't able to do that against a bad playing Djokovic - but Federer isn't in his head so much, so maybe here is his chance.
Djokovic is a clear matchup issue. Djokovic's groundgame effectively neutralises and even repels Kei's weapons and is especially effective at dampening any success Kei has on serve (which is Kei's weak pt already).

With Federer, Kei might not always have a chance on Federer's serve but the groundgame is a bit more balanced meaning there are times he can be aggressive and not lose as much control as he might playing Djokovic. The pace is different. Fed might catch on fire off the ground and net too at pts, but it's not like competing with a tennis trampoline. Kei's stability over the course of the match will be tested, of course.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Get the feeling Kei will take this, maybe even in two.

Another major tournament where Roger's level isn't that great. His serve was mediocre today so would imagine Kei will get into plenty of his service games and all bets will be off.

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Nishikori will win this

It's the rule of life that the worst thing that can happen always will, so Nishikori will ofc make the WTF without even needing Nadal to withdraw. But in addition to that, I just don't think Fed looks like beating a top 20 player right now. Only reason for hope is that his return has actually been decent, so maybe he can punish Nishikori's serve, but then again it's not any worse than RBA's.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts