Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even I, as a Ferrer fanboy, have to say this is going to Murray in two sets under normal circumstances, 6-4 6-4 or something like that.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
WWW Shanghai Final: Ferrer v Murray

Murray going for his 3rd consecutive title and number three ranking.

4-3 to Murray in the head-to-head. 4-0 on hard.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
murray will grind this so ugly that grindking ferrer himself will runaway in disgust.....

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Murray in 3.

Not a fan at all, but Pics does deserve a Masters in his career. Wouldn't count him out here.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Ferrer better start praying for death, Murray is taking this

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
This doesn't feel like #4 vs #5. The two are miles apart results wise. Murray won 6-2 6-3 just last week in Tokyo.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
The last two finals, Murray has bageled his opponent in the final set. While Ferrer is a tremendous fighter, he won the Ferrero match through a timely injury and the Roddick match because Roddick did what Roddick does. I didn't see the Flopez match, but Ferrer playing the 3rd 3setter in as many days makes this likely to be more of a blow out than last week.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Murray win in straights :yeah:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Hard to see past Andy here but if he plays like crap and Ferrer plays a great match, then David has a chance.

It's not very likely though - Andy's on the home stretch of a great Asian swing and I doubt he's going to be satisfied with anything less than defending his title.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
the more murray wins these masters and 500s, the more pressure he will be under come the time of slams......

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
H2H is 4-3 in Murray's favour, but crucially the 4 wins of Murray were all on hardcourt and the 3 wins of Ferrer were all on clay.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Murray to win in 3 tight sets. This Ferrer wont leave it easy.

the more murray wins these masters and 500s, the more pressure he will be under come the time of slams......

What crazy logic?

So if Murray loses these events so he will be under less pressure in the Slams:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Murray holds a tremendous 7-1 record in M1000 finals, while Ferrer I assume will try to choke as often as possible.
The Scot in 2 quite comfortable sets.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
1 - 20 of 75 Posts