Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who takes claim on being the current 5th best ATP player?

• Berdych

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • Del Potro

Votes: 38 52.8%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Berdych in 2. del Potro was so bad in his QF match.

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
delpo even in his current state is a much better mover and will destroy berdych, you heard it here first.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
3 sets either way. Hopefully Del Potro

·
Registered
533 Posts
Agree that Berdych is the favorite ATM but Delpo has a great chance to reach an ATP 500 final here. Of the two, I give Berdych the better chance of defeating Feds in the final though.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Heart says Delpo, but got a feeling that Berdych may well take this one.

Delpo didn't really convince me yesterday against lowly Beck, and although he was better today Troicki was a massive contributing factor to the scoreline being as one sided as it was.

Hope for an entertaining match either way.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Don't think it will be as close as some ppl think.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
What's their head to head?

I'm just going to go with Berdy, as he's won a tourney recently and Juan hasn't won anything in a long time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Their H2H is 2-1 in favor of Juan, but their last matches were in 2009 (obviously Juan's best and certainly not Tomas's best). In all 3 of their matches, the winner has won in straight sets. So the winner of the first set tomorrow is certainly poised to win the match, based on their history.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Delpo in 3. :)

·
Your visions will happen
50,828 Posts
This is a big match for both guys. Not just for points, but for mental state. And then if the winner beats Federer, that's 500 points and a big time MTF hype machine.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts