Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fratangelo in 3

Votes: 1 11.1%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fratangelo is the dark horse here. He's from the "lost generation", born in 1993. He won the junior RG against Thiem. After his junior career he faded away.
But this season is a whole other story as he managed to climb a 100 places from January up to #165. He's #158 in the live rankings currently. He beat Chung once already this year, and he almost beat Coric in IW, losing the deciding tiebreaker 9-7.
He's in the shadow of his younger, up and coming compatriots like Tiafoe, Mmoh, Kozlov and Donaldson. Not for long if he continues playing like he is now.

Chung is a part of the 96' generation and he's on the verge of entering the TOP100. In fact, he's #99 on the race list at the moment with 18y11m. He's slowly climbing the rankings through the CH circuit. Tennis fans won't have to wait long to see him play regulary in ATP main draws.

I believe the winner of this SF will be the favorite to take the title.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Chung with a chance for RG direct entry.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I think Chung will win. He has looked good this week and is showing patience, to go with his power. He's not making dumb errors. Fratangleo is good, but I think Chung is a better overall player with more weapons at his disposal.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
bjorn please

1 - 8 of 8 Posts