Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Seyboth Wild in 3

Votes: 3 33.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Young players have really taken over this SA golden swing, nice to see some new claycourters stepping it up. Ruud is the favorite to win his second title in less than a month, while Seyboth Wild has a golden opportunity to win his maiden title as a teenager and leapfrog FAA in that department :p I’d say the two have similar gamestyles, stronger FH wing with nice power and topspin for clay. I’ve been impressed by Seyboth Wild recently, looked fantastic in the highlights against Olivo. Thought he could reach top 100 by the end of the year, but he actually could get in touching distance by winning here.

Reactions: devision2002

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Rudd is a force on FH and serve purely, his BH sucks big time, his success is a statement to how good FH and serve are . He put 91 ÷ 1st serve in a first set tiebreak ! vs ramos. It was clear that ramos tricky game in finding his BH and exploting it was what kept it close. Once that was out of the way , it was easy for him .

Sayboth will battle that FH with his own FH weapon. A more steady BH than Rudd but not as good a serve. He hasnt met anyone worth to know if hes gonna put a fight in the final vs the favourite.

Rudd in 2. Please put an end to this missery SA clay swing . Hopefully although improbable this one serves as start rebuilding for more big leagues clay court. Scratch that this doesnt sounds like it . It sounded at best slightly above challenger level SA clay swing. Ok nuff rant ...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
It is probably the most interesting final of the WE. I am personally bored to see the same guys winning everything, so in my opinion, this final in Santiago is bringing fresh air. Caspar Ruud is already the present, but Thiago Seyboth Wild is the future of the tennis, and probably the big star that Brazil has been waiting since Guga stopped his career.
Odds are much in favour of the Norwegian player but with his huge potential, the young Brazilian could create an upset and write one of the nicest story since the start of the year. So tonight, I am going to watch it on my pc, and watch at the same time the classico between Barca and Real Madrid

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Young players have really taken over this SA golden swing, nice to see some new claycourters stepping it up. Ruud is the favorite to win his second title in less than a month, while Seyboth Wild has a golden opportunity to win his maiden title as a teenager and leapfrog FAA in that department :p I’d say the two have similar gamestyles, stronger FH wing with nice power and topspin for clay. I’ve been impressed by Seyboth Wild recently, looked fantastic in the highlights against Olivo. Thought he could reach top 100 by the end of the year, but he actually could get in touching distance by winning here.
Excellent summary, couldn't be better.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Sayboth will battle that FH with his own FH weapon. A more steady BH than Rudd but not as good a serve. He hasnt met anyone worth to know if hes gonna put a fight in the final vs the favourite.

Rudd in 2. Please put an end to this missery SA clay swing . Hopefully although improbable this one serves as start rebuilding for more big leagues clay court. Scratch that this doesnt sounds like it . It sounded at best slightly above challenger level SA clay swing. Ok nuff rant ...
Thiago Seyboth Wild beat Londero in straight sets, and even if Garin was injured, he played well when the Chilean had 6 sets points and all the public against him. Yesterday in his SF against Renzo Olivo, he directly affirmed him as the favourite of the match. So, many signs that show he can win tonight. Ruud has more experience, but he is still very young. It will be closer than the odds suggest.
As for the South American Golden Swing, it was disappointing, but we had a great winner in each tournament, and it was unlucky to have so many injured players (Schwartzman, Pella, Djere, Verdasco).
With Garin and Seyboth Wild growing, it is very good for the continent. it can be a very interesting in the future again and there are some interesting young Argentinian prospects (Diaz Acosta, Cerundolo brothers, Baez, Tirante, …), but we have to let them grow 2 or 3 years, and there will be complete new faces

1 - 7 of 7 Posts