800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Because I like players who improve or expand their game in their 30s.

Back in 2017 I felt the same way toward Gilles Müller and hoped for his winning his first title that year, especially after he lost two finals in 2016, and he would manage to win his first and then another soon afterwards. Jeziri lost the Istanbul final last year against Daniel, and I hope he will find an easy one to grab a trophy somewhere this year, like, this trophy this week ideally.

·
23,063 Posts
As much as this one of those odd, low-ranked 250's, seeing the unique indoor clay is quite a sight, although it makes me think if they should try to have 1 carpet tournament at least.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I would love to see Pella winning it, but he missed a huge chance in Cordoba 2 weeks ago by choking in the final.

But it is difficult to predict, after 2 rounds, we will have a better idea. Guys like FAA or Djere who reached the final in Rio will be probably tired, mostly mentally as these were their first experiences in a final.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Cuevas, but it's probably stupid pick and tournament will be a huge blow-out with some non-entity like Carballes Baena winning it all.
Guys like FAA or Djere who reached the final in Rio will be probably tired, mostly mentally as these were their first experiences in a final.
If none of those two withdraw I'll be amazed.

·
Registered
958 Posts
There's no way to predict this one. I'll go with Taro Daniel just for the fact he won an indoor clay tournament in Istanbul. Then again, he could lose in the first round.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Munar.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Cuevas beating Ruud in the final

Says a lot that FITD has one person choosing the top seed Sousa to win.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Jaziri or Pella but my brain says it's time for Munar break through

In this weak field
Munar has a thigh injury. Was all strapped against Felix and moving much worse because of it. I doubt he had time to properly heal and will be surprised if he gets further than R16.

Really love his game and grit but he needs to be physically fine to execute it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Istanbul is not indoor, it has always been outdoor clay
You're right, I don't know why I always had it in my mind it was indoor. I even watched most of the matches there the last few years... Maybe it's the stadium and the way it's built, you can't really see anything outside of it unless it's from a camera from above.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts