Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benjamin is the favourite here, because of this week, but also because of his past grass results, but GrasSousa has been a new force in grass tennis and certainly has his chances. Also he played today under an hour while Becker played 2h42min with rain delays.

Becker in 3 is my prediction.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I really enjoyed Becker' tennis today. I would say Becker in 3, honestly.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
GrasSousa in 3. No one can handle his lawn prowess.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
draw from hell continues for sousa

becker please save tennis here

·
Registered
492 Posts
How exactly Sousa is a new force in grass court tennis I'm not sure. A few wins over players either ranked outside the top one hundred or just inside does not make a player a grass court force.

He may well win this one to complete the easiest route to a main tour final ever, it'll help to build up the delusion that he's supposedly some great grass courter before he goes straight out in the opening round at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
How exactly Sousa is a new force in grass court tennis I'm not sure. A few wins over players either ranked outside the top one hundred or just inside does not make a player a grass court force.

He may well win this one to complete the easiest route to a main tour final ever, it'll help to build up the delusion that he's supposedly some great grass courter before he goes straight out in the opening round at Wimbledon.
Don't just say that man :eek:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
the higher ranked player he beat to reach the semis was de bakker?

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

LOL, yeah right. IF he reaches the final by beating Becker, which is non only a good grass player, but also a former winner here, definetly the easiest ever. Plus, even the opponent he defeated today had some great results in this surface in tha past and was playing at home.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
well lorenzi doesnt count. he sucks on clay :spit: its like beating berlocq

so not beating any top 70 player in route to an atp final and its not the easiest path ever to an atp final? hard to believe. top 150 player de bakker in qfs, top 500 player pavic in r2, lorenzi in r1...are you kidding me?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Should be Sousa in 2, considering Becker is just too awful.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well lorenzi doesnt count. he sucks on clay :spit: its like beating berlocq

so not beating any top 70 player in route to an atp final and its not the easiest path ever to an atp final? hard to believe. top 150 player de bakker in qfs, top 500 player pavic in r2, lorenzi in r1...are you kidding me?
Current ranks isn't everything. De Bakker is a former top 40 who has wins over Isner and Sisljing in grass and already reached R3 at wimbledon, so it's not like he is a challenger claycourter mug. And was playing at home. Reister have some very interesting results on Grass, probably his best surface and definetly where his game is more suited. Don't look just at a number. Is it that hard?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
indeed, current rank is EVERYTHING and de bakker has been playing like shit for few years man...btw, he got to the qfs by a wo also...

sousa was lucky as hell with the withdrawal of ferrer and having the cakewalk he was, face it man, you cant deny it unless you are blind...and claiming de bakker and becker on qfs and sfs of an atp tournament is not a super easy draw is delusional simply

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
They might as well give a chimpanzee a racquet and stick it on court against Sousa because that sums up the draw he has had here. I would still give the chimp a 50-50 chance of scoring an upset though. :spit:

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
They might as well give a chimpanzee a racquet and stick it on court against Sousa because that sums up the draw he has had here. I would still give the chimp a 50-50 chance of scoring an upset though. :spit:
Questioning grasSousa is on a par with criticising Warlocq.

Shame on you, sir.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
this is sauletekis: omg superhard draw for portugal king sousa. he faces de bakker, who has been played at the same level as nadal on clay(and we know current ranking means nothing) and then a guy who has the same surname as boris becker, so he must be really good. he is basically playing someone who won multiple slams.

superhard draw, he only won because he is goat on grass. ferrer probably withdraw from here because he was afraid of being golden setted by sousa

btw, who the hell jan michael gambill is?

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
indeed, current rank is EVERYTHING and de bakker has been playing like shit for few years man...btw, he got to the qfs by a wo also...

sousa was lucky as hell with the withdrawal of ferrer and having the cakewalk he was, face it man, you cant deny it unless you are blind...and claiming de bakker and becker on qfs and sfs of an atp tournament is not a super easy draw is delusional simply
I'm not claiming he had a draw from hell. Indeed he had a very soft draw to get here, for a 250, but this is not even close from being the easiest draw ever, specially this SF. Did you see the players Becker defeated this week (and in the past, on grass. For example last year at Queens?) to get here?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts