Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wawrinka just took out Nadal, so we won't have a Fedal SF. Who will win the battle of the Swiss? Wawrinka has beaten Federer twice, and they have been both on clay, and as recently as last year in the MC final.

Should be a great one

Edit: crap, where did the polls go...

·
Premium Member
8,489 Posts
No chance for Fed unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I like Federer, but frankly it would feel wrong for Wawrinka to do the hard work by beating Nadal and have Federer reap the rewards.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Wawrinka will win I'm afraid, I expect his first serve points won percentage to be very high too (around 90%).

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Dream SF :hearts: Hopefully Wawrinka can somehow force his way to a title beating Rafa>Fed>Djoko in succession :)worship:), but let's just hope for an entertaining match and may the best win!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Dream SF, I really really hope that the Stan of today shows up again.

I don't see it happening though, I have a feeling that either Serverer will routine a much more error-strewn version of Stan. 6-4, 6-4 with a few under-60-seconds service games from Fed and flashy but sloppy play from Stan.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
If Wawrinka plays anywhere near today's level, Federer has no chance. I'll go with Stan in 3 sets just in case he mugs around a bit.
If Federer plays anywhere near his best, he wins. No matter the surface, no matter how Wawrinka plays.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts